You can report any fire safety concerns about non-domestic premises like offices, restaurants or public buildings to us.
Common complaints that we receive are:
- locked and blocked fire exits
- faulty fire alarm systems
- lack of training for employees
Contact the Duty Officer on 01473 260 588 to report a safety problem.
The duty officer is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm on Friday.
Outside of these hours, if there is an urgent Fire Safety issue that puts people in immediate risk you should call 01480 444500.
The risks could involve:
- Premises where sleeping takes place
- Blocked means of escape
- Failure of Automatic Fire Alarm System
- Failure of Sprinklers
- Failure of Fire-fighting Lift
- Failure of other fire-fighting facilities e.g. riser/smoke control system
- Is there an immediate public safety concern?
We try to respond to any fire safety complaint during working hours within 4 hours. We will respond as soon as possible in other situations.