There are two costs to pay, your application fee and any additional costs for your sign(s).
1. Application fee
Send your completed application and a cheque payable to Suffolk County Council for £75 to:Suffolk County CouncilSafety and Speed Management teamPhoenix House3 Goddard RoadIpswichSuffolkIP1 5NP
2. Additional costs for your sign(s)
You'll need to pay additional costs for the design, manufacture, erection and maintenance of your new sign(s). There isn't a fixed price for this, it'll be based on the requirements of the signs that you would like created.Download the application form
Before you apply
You'll need to provide:
- plans showing the location of the tourist destination and details of existing and proposed signs
- sign face drawings of what you would like your sign to show or photographs of an existing tourist sign
- any other relevant information, for example publicity material relating to your tourist attraction
You can read our guidance notes (PDF, 88KB).
Signs on a trunk road (e.g. A11, A12 or A14)
Signs within a Conservation Area, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty or other special environmental area will be subject to an additional environmental audit.
Contact Customer Services quickly and easily by webchat
- Your questions about will be answered quicker on webchat.
- Open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm (excluding bank holidays).
Click the webchat button in the right hand corner of your screen.