Some web browsers will not support online payments from Thursday 15 February 2018. Check if you need to update your browser.
Download a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) application form using the button below.
You need to give us up to three months notice to process your application.
The application costs £995.
All costs for the closure and diversion signing must be covered by the person or organisation requesting the closure.Download
Before you apply
You will need:
- a clear plan showing the extent of the closure and diversion route
- the start and end date of the proposed works
Emergency road closures are used if there's an immediate danger to the public, utility equipment or surrounding area. For example, road subsidence or dangerous buildings.
The police can close roads for safety reasons.
There is a separate application form if you need a road closure for an event.
To contact us, email email@example.com.
Paying the fee
The application costs £995
You can make your payment online
You will need the 6 digit reference number provided by network assurance.
Please note: although the online payment system says "incl. VAT" there is no VAT included in this service as it is a zero rated supply.
Or by cheque to Suffolk County Council.
All costs for the closure and diversion signing must be covered by the person or organisation requesting the closure.
Send the completed application form and payment to:Suffolk County Council
Network Assurance Team
3 Goddard Road
After you apply
If successful you'll need to:
- put up signs of 1050m by 750mm showing
This Road will be closed From ____ To ____. at all approaches to the site up to 7 days before the start of the closure
- allow access to emergency services at all times
- allow access to pedestrians and cyclists
- allow access to properties at all times unless otherwise agreed
Find current road closures
Visit roadworks.org for:
- current temporary road closures
- forthcoming temporary road closures
You can find information on:
- road closures
Contact Customer Service quickly and easily by webchat
- Your questions will be answered quicker on webchat.
- Open Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm (excluding bank holidays).
Click the webchat button in the right hand corner of your screen.
Or alternatively you can email your enquiry to Customer.service@Suffolk.gov.uk