You are entitled to free off-peak travel on buses in Suffolk, once you reach eligible age; and the quickest and easiest way to apply is online.
You can apply if you were:
- born on or before 5 April 1950
- born after 5 April 1950 and have reached the current State Pension age for a woman born on the same date
You can check your eligibility on the State Pension Age Calculator.
You can use your free travel bus pass:
- between 9:30am and 11pm, Monday to Friday
- all day on weekends and Bank Holidays
- anywhere in England on local bus services only
You can't use your free travel bus pass:
- in the rest of the UK
- on trains, tube or trams.
To apply you will need to provide a digital or scanned passport photo, as well as your:
- full name as on your passport/birth certificate
- date of birth
- national insurance number
- gender and ethnicity
- main address
- contact phone number and email address
You'll also be asked to create a password so you can log back in to your application in future, should you need to.
You'll be automatically sent a new bus pass 1 week before 31 March 2017.
A disabled person who fall under categories D&G will be sent a renewal letter.
To renew your free bus pass, call 0345 600 0659 or email email@example.com.
If you have any further enquiries call 0345 600 0659 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to replace a lost, damaged, stolen or expired pass, or register a change of address:
- call 0345 600 0659
- email email@example.com
Check you're eligible before you complete an application form by using the State Pension Age Calculator.
You'll need to send:
- a passport sized, full colour photograph
- proof of eligibility with your application
Don't send original documents as these will not be returned.
Get an application form
- Download an application form (PDF 96KB)
- Request a form via Suffolkonboard.com
- Pick up a form from a Suffolk County Council office or library in Suffolk
Send your completed form to:
SCC Free Travel Bus Pass
PO Box 212
Contact Customer Services quickly and easily with web chat
Click on 'chat with us' in the right hand corner to talk to us about applying for a age related free bus pass.
The button will appear from 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Fridays (excluding Bank Holidays) when there's someone available to talk to.