You are entitled to free off-peak travel on buses in Suffolk once you reach eligible age. The quickest and easiest way to apply is online.
You can apply if you were:
- born on or before 5 April 1950
- born after 5 April 1950 and have reached the current State Pension age for a woman born on the same date
You can check your eligibility on the State Pension Age Calculator.
You can use your free travel bus pass:
- between 9:30am and 11pm, Monday to Friday
- all day on weekends and bank holidays
- anywhere in England on local bus services only
You cannot use your free travel bus pass:
- in the rest of the UK
- on trains, tube or trams
Before you apply
To apply you will need to provide a digital or scanned passport photo, as well as your:
- full name as on your passport/birth certificate
- date of birth
- national insurance number
- gender and ethnicity
- main address
- contact phone number and email address
You'll also be asked to create a password so you can log back in to your application in future, should you need to.
Renew a free bus pass
Visit Suffolk on Board for information about renewing a free bus pass that expired on 31 March 2019.
If you have any further enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Replace your bus pass or change your address
If you need to replace a lost, damaged, stolen or expired pass, or register a change of address:
- call 0345 600 0659
- email email@example.com
Other ways to apply
Check you're eligible before you complete an application form by using the State Pension Age Calculator.
You'll need to send:
- a passport sized, full colour photograph
- proof of eligibility with your application
Do not send original documents as these will not be returned.
Get an application form:
- Request a form via Suffolk on Board
- Pick up a form from a Suffolk County Council office or library in Suffolk
Send your completed form to:SCC Free Travel Bus Pass
PO Box 212
Contact Customer Services
Call 0345 600 0659 if you have any questions about how to apply.
Webchat: available Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm. The button in the right hand corner will say 'chat available' when you can talk to someone.