Examination Latest News:
Response to Modifications Reps (PDF, 1.1MB)
Suffolk Minerals & Waste Local Plan Modifications Consultation
The Examination in Public hearing took place over four days in June 2019.
The Modifications Consultation arose from the EiP and was required to make the SMWLP Legally sound.
The consultation ran from 5pm 07 October 2019 until 5pm 18 November 2019. No representations received after that time will be considered.
The relevant documents for the consultation can be viewed below:
SMWLP Tracked Changes Plan
- Maps B1 to B5 (PDF, 1.72MB)
- Maps FH1 to FH6 and I1 (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Maps MS1 to MS9 (PDF, 32.3MB)
- Maps SB1 to SB8 (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Maps SC1 to SC7 (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Maps W1 to W4(PDF,1.8MB)
- Safeguarding and Proposals Map (JPEG, 4.3MB)
Letter from Inspector to SCC 24-07-2019 (PDF, 74KB)
SCC formal request for modifications (PDF, 60KB)
Evidence base update
- Association of British Ports response (PDF, 1MB)
- Email from G Gunby to A Feeney 24 June 2019 (PDF, 91KB)
- SC&H AONB Post Board decision letter Suffolk stat consultees (PDF, 41KB)
- N Boundary of AONB extension plan (PDF, 600KB)
- SC&H AONB Draft Order Map 2019 (JPG, 3.5MB)
- 2017 Economic Impact of Tourism SC&H AONB (PDF, 627KB)
- Opening Statement by Head of Planning (PDF, 627KB)
Latest news for Barnham Site
Email dated 12 June 2019 - Proposed Routing Arrangements (PDF, 141KB)
- 2019-06-12 Letter to G Gunby (PDF, 1.55MB)
- 2019-06-11 Highways Response (PDF, 112KB)
- Sketch of Proposed Routing Arrangement (PDF, 636KB)
- Photograph (PDF, 858KB)
Please view the latest Hearings Programme (PDF, 192KB) dated 10 June 2019
Matter statements received by the deadline of 4 June 2019 can be viewed here alongside Statements of Common Ground and an updated Proposals map.
- Suffolk County Council (PDF, 741KB)
- Natural England (PDF, 186KB)
- Philpot - Strutt & Parker (PDF, 211KB)
- RSPB (PDF, 182KB)
- Suffolk County Council (PDF, 785KB)
- ABP - Adams Henry (PDF, 1.84MB)
- Bill Irving (PDF, 110KB)
- Cemex (PDF, 84KB)
- East Suffolk Council (PDF, 391KB)
- J&L Winterbotham (PDF, 164KB)
- Allen Newport - PDE (PDF, 1.97MB)
- Mineral Products Association (PDF, 4.7MB)
- Natural England (PDF, 180KB)
- Philpot - Strutt & Parker (PDF, 293KB)
- RSPB (PDF, 157KB)
- Steven Blakeley (PDF, 1.88MB)
- Suffolk County Council (PDF, 766KB)
- Natural England (PDF, 57KB)
- NDA & Magnox - Avision Young (PDF, 62KB)
Statements of Common Ground
- Historic England (PDF, 836KB)
- ABP (PDF, 799KB)
- Broads Authority (PDF, 757KB)
- Natural England (PDF, 781KB)
- Suffolk Wildlife Trust (PDF, 764KB)
- AONB (PDF, 959KB)
- Ipswich Borough Council - Amended(PDF, 336KB)
- RSPB (PSF, 718KB)
Further to Annette Feeney's email dated 29 April 2019, please see below the draft hearings programme for the Suffolk Minerals and Waste Local Plan Hearings.
Hearings Programme (PDF, 1.914MB)
If you are not listed to speak and wish to do so, please contact Annette Feeney as soon as possible.
Information from the Inspectors on the Suffolk Minerals Plan Examination, include the Matters, Issues and Questions and Guidance notes documents, which can be viewed below:
Guidance Note (PDF, 427KB)
Matters, Issues and Questions (PDF, 341KB)
4 June 2019 – deadline for statements in response to the Inspectors’ Matters, Issues and Questions for Examination and Statements of Common Ground
7 June 2019 – deadline if you are not currently listed to appear, or no longer wish to be appear or wish to attend an alternative session on the hearings programme (to be circulated shortly)
19-21 June – Hearings Week 1 – Sir Bobby Robson Suite, Ipswich Town Football Club
25-26 June – Hearings Week 2 – Sir Bobby Robson Suite, Ipswich Town Football Club
An independent Inspector has been appointed by the Planning Inspectorate - Nick Palmer BA (Hons) BPI MRTPI.
We have appointed an independent Programme Officer for this examination - Ms Annette Feeney, who can be contacted by:
- Email: Annette.Feeney@suffolk.gov.uk
- Telephone: 07775 771026
All parties who submitted representations on the plan at the pre-submission publication stage (Regulation 19) will be contacted directly, with more information, in due course.
Part of the process will involve hearing sessions where those invited will have the opportunity to respond to matters raised by the Inspector.
Please note: Invitation to participate is coordinated through the Planning Inspector and the Programme Officer, both of whom are independent from Suffolk County Council.
Information such as the hearing schedules and agendas will also be published as and when available.
Further guidance in relation to the examination process is provided by the Planning Inspectorate
Please view the list of Main Public Consultation Documents (PDF, 158KB)
Please view the Submission Responses to Representations (PDF, 2.7MB)
Please view the Strategic Habitat Regulations Assessment Response to Representations (PDF, 868KB)