Essential information relating to planning applications can be found on our planning applications page.
Please view the explanatory film about planning for sand and gravel in Suffolk.
Suffolk Minerals & Waste Local Plan (SMWLP) - Adopted 9 July 2020
The SMWLP is part of the Development Plan and provides the framework for the determination of planning applications for minerals and waste development.
Following the adoption of the Plan it must be published on the County Council website together with the Adoption Statement and Sustainability Appraisal Report. Due to Covid-19 the County Council’s principal office Endeavour House is not open to the public and the Plan cannot be inspected at that location.
- Regulation 26 Adoption Statement (PDF, 175KB)
Sustainability Appraisal Report
- Regulation 16 Adoption Statement (PDF, 73KB)
- SMWLP Sustainability Appraisal Post-Adoption Statement 2020 (PDF, 875KB)
- SMWLP Modifications SA (PDF,2.4MB)
- SA Environmental Report 2018 (PDF, 2.2MB)
- SA Environmental Report Annex A (PDF, 488KB)
- SA Environmental Report Annex B (PDF, 1.2MB)
Suffolk Local Aggregates Assessment
The assessment contains information on sand and gravel sales, reserves, landbank and policy monitoring.
Statement of Community Involvement
The statement provides a consultation template for the preparation of the Suffolk Minerals & Waste Local Plan and the determination of planning applications.
Suffolk Minerals and Waste Development Scheme
The development scheme sets out the context for the preparation of the Suffolk Minerals & Waste Local Plan
- Suffolk Minerals & Waste Development Scheme 2018 (PDF, 601KB)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance with the topics discussed on this page