What is the Minerals Core Strategy?
We formally adopted the Minerals Core Strategy (incorporating Development Control Policies) at its Full Council meeting on 25 September 2008.
The Core Strategy replaces the policies contained within the Minerals Local Plan and outlines the vision, objectives and a Spatial Strategy indicating where, what and how much new minerals development can take place in Suffolk up until 2021.
It also contains a range of Development Control policies for Mineral planning proposals that will inform future planning decisions.
All minerals development proposals in Suffolk should accord with the Core Strategy.
Download the Minerals Core Strategy
- Minerals Core Strategy Adopted Version (PDF, 894KB)
- Map A - Key Diagram (PDF, 208KB)
- Map B - Proposal Map, Minerals Safeguarding/Consultation Areas (PDF, 4.16MB)
- Inset Map P1 (PDF, 291KB)
- Inset Map P2 (PDF, 485KB)
- Inset Map P3 (PDF, 402KB)
- Inset Map P4 (PDF, 469KB)
- Inset Map P5 (PDF, 495KB)
- Inset Map P6 (PDF, 467KB)
- Map C - Recycled aggregate Facilities (PDF, 1.17MB)
- Inspectors Report (PDF, 72KB) and Annex 2 (PDF, 24KB)
- Adoption Statement (PDF, 8KB)
- Minerals Core Strategy Final Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF, 913KB)
View all the annual mineral and waste monitoring reports.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further assistance with the topics discussed on this page.