Making Suffolk the UK's greenest county is an aspiration that involves all of us. We all want to enhance Suffolk’s natural and historic environment, and respond to climate change.
The partnership behind Creating the Greenest County provides an umbrella for many existing projects. It also encourages further recognition and resourcing of them, and seeks to inspire further actions in communities, businesses and schools.
We can provide you with advice and help at home, work or within your community to help us achieve this aim. Read more about Creating the Greenest County using the tabs below.
Confused by green issues? Unsure what you could do to cut costs and save energy? You can:
- visit our advice and support page to find out about the support available to your business, which is often free or heavily discounted
- visit funding pages to find out about grants and loans available to your business
- join our thriving Suffolk Carbon Charter business network
All across the county people are doing their bit to help Suffolk become the greenest county. Our Community Adviser can provide your community with:
- free support on a range of climate change and energy related issues
- information on grants and funding opportunities for your community
Creating the Greenest County starts at home – find out what you can do and then go on to inspire others.
How we work in partnership
The Creating the Greenest partnership has gone from strength to strength since its launch in 2007. It was launched by John Gummer MP (now Lord Deben). He worked with local communities and businesses to help them realise the economic benefits of:
- reducing their energy consumption
- adapting to climate change
- enhancing their natural environment
The partnership's 3 key themes:
- Climate Mitigation
- Climate Adaptation
- Protect and enhancing the natural environment
We want to achieve this through:
- Tackling climate change and its effects
- Engaging with communities and businesses in Suffolk
- Enhancing Suffolk’s landscape, biodiversity and historic environment
- Promoting and supporting local food and drink production
There are 4 delivery partnerships working to deliver these key themes, all involving a broad cross-section of organisations across the county:
Celebrating environmental achievement
Creating the Greenest County Awards is an annual event. It highlights the excellent environmental achievements that are being carried out across the county.