What is the Yojo App?
The Yojo App is a Careers and Apprenticeships app that has been created by Suffolk County Council’s Children and Young People’s Engagement Hub team.
The Yojo App was first launched back in 2018, the first of its kind. After two years of re-development the app is back, and re-launched this year on 10 January.
The Engagement Hub team created the app with young people for young people. The app name ‘yojo’ was chosen by young people meaning ‘You + Job = yojo’.
The new Yojo App has been rejuvenated to meet the current needs of young people in Suffolk, aged 14 to 25.
What support does the Yojo App provide to young people?
The Yojo app provides support to young people in Suffolk aged 14 to 25 who are looking for career path information, apprenticeship or traineeship opportunities, and tips and advice for preparing, finding work.
The Yojo app puts the ‘world of work’ in young people’s pockets. It has a huge range of features which allows young people to:
- Search for live apprenticeship and traineeship vacancies – and apply for them via the app
- Discover career paths based on their favourite subjects and interests – and it gives them career suggestions with entry level requirements.
- Develop their skills to find work – with interactive tips and an interview questions quiz to help them prepare.
The Yojo App also includes:
- A CV builder so young people can create a CV through the app, and email or print it.
- A range of useful information to guide students in making the right decision about what they want to do if they’re feeling stuck - with links to contacts if they need to speak to someone and signposting to key support services.