As a result of our most recent OFSTED inspection we are proud to say that our children’s social workers are ‘Outstanding’. We are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do.
In Suffolk, we:
- are one of the leading social work authorities in the UK, whose children’s services are rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted - 'Services for children are of an exceptionally high standard. They are child-focused and make a positive difference to children's lives.' (Ofsted, 2019)
- have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
- support flexible working including job share, part time and mobile working
- support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
- will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
All new social workers moving to Suffolk have access to a relocation package of up to £8,000 and a car leasing scheme.
Whilst working as a social worker within Suffolk’s fieldwork teams you will receive a retention payment of up to £4000, plus an extra 3 days annual leave.
You can view our current job vacancies and sign up to get email alerts when we advertise for qualified social workers on Suffolk Jobs Direct.
For speak with someone about social work roles in Suffolk, please email or call Steve Blaney, Social Care Service Manager on 07742 505342 or firstname.lastname@example.org