Take a look at the following pages to learn more about opportunities at Suffolk County Council before clicking the button below to view vacancies on our job site.
Life at Suffolk County Council
Find information about our:
- Staff benefits
- Staff networks
- Learning and development
- Our aims and transformation programmes
- Commitments to equality, diversity, inclusion, health, wellbeing and work-life balance.
Working in Adult Social Care
Looking for a meaningful career where you’ll be able to make a real difference to people’s lives every single day?
Opportunities and professional development if you'd like to work in adult social care, including:
- Social Work
- Occupational Therapy
- Support Workers
- Financial Information and Advice
- Customer Service and Contact Centre
- Business Management
- Contracts and Service Development.
Working with Children and Families
Learn about the different roles and careers working with children and young people and their families, including:
- An interview with our Director or Children and Young People
- Careers resources and more information about roles working with children and families
- Links to search for jobs.
Working for Suffolk Fire and Rescue
Our Suffolk Firefighter website, which includes:
- How to apply for a wholetime or on-call firefighter role with Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Information about our recruitment and selection processes
- FAQs, mythbusters and more information about working for Suffolk Fire and Rescue
- Links to apply for current vacancies.
Opportunities for Young People
As part of being an "exemplar employer", Suffolk County Council launched an initiative called ‘Rising High in Suffolk’ in partnership with district and borough councils across Suffolk.
On these pages you can find out more about Rising High, including information about work experience placements, apprenticeships, internships, industrial placements, graduate traineeships and graduate interns within Schools.
Suffolk County Council is committed to supporting the national agenda to increase apprenticeships and aims to provide high quality apprenticeship opportunities for people of all ages across a range of different jobs and careers.
On these pages you will find information for anyone looking for apprenticeship opportunities as well as guidance for employers and learning providers.
Learn about routes into teaching for graduate or experienced teachers and who we need to inspire children in Suffolk, including:
- Registration for the Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) pool
- More information about teaching in Suffolk
- Routes into teaching
- Supply teaching
- Moving to Suffolk
- Links to find teaching jobs in Suffolk.
Information about temporary vacancies at Suffolk County Council and other Suffolk public sector organisations through Opus People Solutions, our temporary recruitment agency.
Temporary roles include:
- business support/admin
- social workers
- health visitors
- IT project manager
- Plus more!
Social Work Suffolk
In Suffolk we offer a supportive working environment with clear routes for progression so you can spend your social work career with us.