We offer an extensive reward package that combines pay, pension and a range of additional benefits.
- Performance related pay progression
- Instant e-vouchers for some of the UKs top retailers, such as 8% off at M&S, 5% off at Tesco and 4% off at Sainsburys. Plus discounts at hundreds of other retailers and brands.
- Financial wellbeing support, including low interest loans
- Access to the Suffolk Credit Union
Our salaries are advertised on each job advert but you can also view our salary information including our salary scales.
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The LGPS is for all SCC employees and it offers a pension scheme whereby both the employee and employer contribute towards the pension fund. The amount will vary, but generally Suffolk County Council will contribute two thirds of the scheme's costs and the employee contributes one third.
The LGPS also offers:
- A secure pension adjusted to take into account the cost of living
- Tax relief on contributions paid, and (after a two year qualifying period) have peace of mind if you become seriously ill or are made redundant over the age of 55
- Peace of mind for your family with immediate life cover and a pension for your spouse, civil partner or eligible cohabiting partner, as well as eligible children
Visit the LGPS website for more information.
Staff can commute on public transport at half price on most routes, and for free on the following routes:
- Mulleys buses in Bury
- Park and Ride, Route 8/13 and free town centre shuttle in Ipswich
- Route 101 in Lowestoft
Staff obtain the discount when purchasing a monthly or longer season ticket. Bulk purchases of daily tickets are also available on some routes.
We also provide free car parking for electric vehicles and electric vehicle charging points at our main offices.
These benefits are provided to encourage more sustainable commuting. They are paid for from staff car park income (most staff pay to park at our main offices).
We also offer:
- Tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- Car lease scheme