This page provides a space for information and resources about training and development opportunities, CPD, networking events and our End-point Assessment (EPA) services for the 'Careers Development Professional' Apprenticeship (ST0694 - please see the EPAO section for details).
Our Careers Newsletters can be found in the CPD section.
We hold termly network events for people involved in the careers agenda in Suffolk schools and colleges.
If you wish to be on the invitation list please contact email@example.com . The next meeting will be Autumn 2021.
Resources Summer 2021
- Adastral Park - British Science Week (atadastral.co.uk) - Watch the great videos we put together for BSW
- Adastral Park - Virtual learning (atadastral.co.uk) - Great resources for teachers and students
- Adastral Park - Work experience (atadastral.co.uk) - Virtual Work Experience
- Adastral Park - Face-to-face Enrichment Activities (atadastral.co.uk) - Enrichment Activities
- UEA - Resource Centre
- Meet the Student Recruitment Team | University of Suffolk
Resources Spring Term 2021
The EAST Career Training organisation offers the following courses:
- Gateway Level 3 Information, Advice or Guidance
- OCR Level 4 Diploma in Career Information and Advice
- OCR Level 6 Certificate in Careers Leadership (DfE funded course)
- OCR Level 6 Diploma in Careers Guidance and Development
New dates to follow.
Please contact us to express your interest in any of the courses.
- Level 3 Gateway Information, Advice or Guidance course flyer (PDF, 281 KB)
- To apply please complete the Career Leader Application form 2020 CEC.docx and register with the Careers and Enterprise Company here: https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/schools-colleges/training-careers-leaders
We have been approved to act as the End Point Assessor Organisation for the Careers Development Professional Apprenticeship (ST0694).
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Safeguarding and Prevent Policy (PDF, 223 KB)
- Suffolk County Council Privacy and Data Protection (PDF, 147 KB)
- Suffolk County Council Equality and Fair Access Policy 2020 (PDF, 134 KB)
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Conflict of Interest Declaration Form
- Suffolk County Council EPAO Monitoring and Quality (PDF, 196 KB)
Publications from the Institute for Apprenticeships:
- End Point Assessment Plan for Career Development Professional (PDF, 345 KB)
- Career Development Professional - Details of Standard (PDF,,178 KB)
Discover Your Future 2021 - Virtual Work Inspiration Suffolk | April - July 2021
Discover Your Future 2021 is an exciting opportunity for students to engage with employers, employees, Apprentices, and the self-employed and provide them with an insight into a variety of organisations across Suffolk.
The programme allows students to have meaningful and informative virtual experiences to help raise aspirations, equip them with 21st century skills and broaden their understanding of the local jobs market and pathways.
The programme offers employers, employees and the self-employed a flexible approach to engaging in careers education. A range of staff are able support the programme – from senior staff to graduates, apprentices, interns and Kickstart placements.
Each online employer session will be supported by an offline session in the classroom facilitated by a teacher or careers staff.
A specially created 'Discover Your Future LMI video' can be found here.
Below you will find the materials produced for this programme (More will be added as the programme proceeds):
- Keynote on 20 April 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 1: Exploration - YouTube
- EXPLORATION employer presentation online
- EXPLORATION teacher presentation offline
- EXPLORE Lesson Plan Employer online session 1.1
- EXPLORE Lesson Plan Teacher offline session 1.2
- Keynote on 11 May 2021:Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 2: Skills - YouTube
- SKILLS employer presentation online
- SKILLS teacher presentation offline
- SKILLS Lesson Plan Employer online session
- SKILLS Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
Theme ENTERPRISE & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Keynote on 8 June 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 3: Enterprise - YouTube
- Enterprise Employer presentation online
- Enterprise Teacher presentation offline
- Enterprise Lesson Plan Employer online session
- Enterprise Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
- Keynote on 22 June 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 4: Pathways - YouTube
- Pathways Employer presentation online
- Pathways Teacher presentation offline
- Pathways Lesson Plan Employer online session
- Pathways Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
Theme RESILIENCE & MOCK INTERVIEWS
- Keynote on 6 July 2021: Discover Your Future 2021 - Keynote 5: Resilience - YouTube
- Resilience Employer presentation online
- Mock Interview Teacher presentation
- Resilience Lesson Plan Employer online session
- Mock Interview Lesson Plan Teacher offline session
- 16+ Suffolk SEND Transitions Guide 2nd Edition (PDF 4.4MB)
- Suffolk Work and Skills: Information for young people aged 13-19 3rd edition (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Careers & Enterprise Company: Support for SEND
- University of Suffolk: Meet the student recruitment team
- University of East Anglia: 'Have you ever wondered?' - Higher Education Resources
- Careers Newsletter No 3 | 1 June 2020 (PDF, 521 KB)
- Careers Newsletter No 2 | 27 April 2020 (PDF, 467 KB)
- Careers Newsletter No 1 | 2 April 2020 (PDF, 439 KB)