This page includes resources that can help support staff wellbeing in education.
To see all our latest mental health news go to our homepage
Back to school advice
Developing resilience in young people - The below Youtube podcast has been developed by the Psychology in Schools Team, and explores what resilience is and how school staff can support young people to build their resilience. It features a guest speaker from Thurston Community College, who offers their own perspective on how the current context has impacted young people and staff, and what they have found helpful in a school context to build resilience.
Managing stress as a school staff member during covid-19 lockdown 3 - This is a Podcast for staff and parents to help manage Covid related stress.
Mental Health and You Podcasts - Find and listen to all of our current podcasts on many aspects of mental health through this channel.
General advice for supporting the emotional wellbeing of staff
Recovery, Re-introduction and Renewal: Safe and Successful Returns to School - This handbook has been created by Whole School SEND, Nasen, the DfE and colleagues from the Association of Educational Psychologists (AEP) and has a checklist and reflective tool that uses the Five Key Principles of Recovery, (a national framework based on psychological models of resilience, growth and recovery and positive psychology) which can be applied at a whole school, group and individual level to promote healthy recovery during the ‘return to school’ phase.
Wellbeing for Teachers Newsletter - This newsletter by the Wellbeing Service has advice to help staff look after their wellbeing.
Training and Webinars
Supporting Your Staff Group or Team YouTube Webinar - A 52 minute webinar that addresses challenges that school leaders face, helping them to:
- Understand the needs of vulnerable staff,
- Develop knowledge about core beliefs/behaviours that build resilient organisations,
- Support leaders to consider how they can support the wellbeing of their team, and individuals,
- The importance of looking after your own wellbeing.
These two 31 minute webinars focus on:
- Looking after your own wellbeing, the wellbeing of others
- Supporting the wellbeing of young people.
Staff Wellbeing and Resilience - A 33 minute webinar that looks at how Covid has impacted our wellbeing, identifying wellbeing issues and improving day to day wellbeing.
5 Steps in Supporting Staff Webinar - Useful Youtube webinar for staff wellbeing from MindEd.
School staff who are concerned about the mental health of a child or young person should contact their Primary Mental Health Worker for advice and support.
Professionals and families can contact the Emotional Wellbeing Hub if they are worried about the mental health of a child or young person.
Sleep hygiene advice
Suffolk County Council
- Children, families and learning
- Council and democracy
- Jobs and careers
- Care and support for adults
- Roads and transport
- Planning, waste and environment
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Community and safety
- Births, deaths and ceremonies
- Culture, heritage and leisure
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Children, families and learning
- Raising the Bar 2018-2020
- Childcare information and support for parents and providers
- SEND and the Local Offer
- Suffolk Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing Hub
- Fostering and adoption
- Children's Health and Children's Centres
- Keeping children safe
- Children in care and care leavers
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- Support for young carers in Suffolk
- Suffolk County Music Service
- Youth support and careers advice, work experience and activities
- Psychology and Therapeutic Services
- Children's portals
- Wellbeing in Education
- Research governance