Now is the ideal time to invest in solar panels for your home
Register your interest to buy high quality, low-cost solar panels which will reduce electricity bills and help Suffolk become the Greenest County.
Solar Together Suffolk is a pioneering bulk-buying project, supported by Suffolk County Council and local borough and district councils. It aims to bring affordable solar power to Suffolk and boost the county’s renewable energy.
It comes at a time when many residents are interested in exploring solar energy but would welcome a helping hand to make an informed decision and find a trustworthy installer. Similar projects have delivered a discount of 25 – 30% to homeowners on the cost of a solar panel system.
Councillor Richard Rout, Cabinet Member for Environment & Public Protection for Suffolk County Council said:
“Solar Together Suffolk is an ideal way to improve the sustainability and reduce the fuel bills of local homes as well as eligible schools, community groups and small businesses. The scheme offers an attractive and easy opportunity to invest in renewable technology from a trusted provider.”
It follows successful smaller test schemes in Norfolk and London, and many other larger scale schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium, where over 50,000 residents have installed solar PV systems.
After a turbulent few years in the solar market, the numbers are again beginning to add up for households interested in generating their own renewable energy. Despite the reduced Feed in Tariffs, rising retail electricity prices and lower prices for solar modules, solar is again an attractive offer for the UK domestic market. Typically, domestic users can expect their investment in solar panels to be repaid within 10 years.
How does it work?
- Homeowners, schools, small businesses and community groups have until 21 August to register for free and without obligation at www.solartogethersuffolk.co.uk
- 22 August: pre-vetted UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction. A large bulk order means they can pass on better savings to registered users.
- From 10 September: registered users will receive a personalised offer from the winning supplier.
- 19 October: your deadline to make a decision.
- After accepting your offer, a technical survey will be arranged after which an installation date will be confirmed.
- Telephone and email support is available throughout the whole process and information sessions will allow registered users to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
To find out how you could save money, visit www.solartogethersuffolk.co.uk and register your interest today.