Suffolk Legal is Suffolk County Council's in-house legal team. It deals with a wide range of matters, both providing legal advice to departments within the council, and representing Suffolk County Council in legal actions.
Areas of work
Suffolk Legal organises its work into two broad areas, the Safeguarding Practice Group and the Commercial Practice Group.
The Safeguarding Practice Group includes:
- Adults and Community (including Vulnerable Adults, Mental Health, and Community Care)
- Children and Young People (including Child Protection and Education)
- Legal services to other public authorities
- Public Protection
The Commercial Practice Group includes:
- Environment, including public rights of way and commons and village greens
- Waste Disposal
Local land charges searches
You can request a local land charges search.
The Register of Common Land and Town or Village Greens are available for public inspection with reasonable notice during office hours. Please call 01473 264190 to make an appointment.
If copies of the Register entries are required, these can be supplied for a £6 (including VAT) administration fee to cover the cost of photocopying.
- call 01473 264190
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have more detailed enquiries, call the Commons Registration Officer on 01473 264242 or email email@example.com.
You can find more information on local land charge searches on Suffolk Legal's Land Charges page.