Suffolk Legal is Suffolk County Council's in-house legal team. It deals with a wide range of matters, both providing legal advice to departments within the council, and representing Suffolk County Council in legal actions.
Areas of work
Suffolk Legal organises its work into two broad areas:
The Safeguarding Practice Group, which includes:
- Adults and Community (including Vulnerable Adults, Mental Health, and Community Care)
- Children and Young People (including Child Protection and Education)
- Legal services to other public authorities
- Public Protection
The Commercial Practice Group, which includes:
- Environment, including public rights of way and commons and village greens
- Waste Disposal
Local land charges searches
You can request a local land charges search.
The Register of Common Land and Town or Village Greens are available for public inspection with reasonable notice during office hours. Please telephone 01473 264190 to make an appointment.
If copies of the Register entries are required, these can be supplied for a £6 (including VAT) administration fee to cover the cost of photocopying.
- call 01473 264190
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed enquiries call the Commons Registration Officer on 01473 264242 or email email@example.com
For information on local land charge searches please visit Suffolk Legal's Land Charges web page to find out more.
Visit Suffolk Legal for more information.