This consultation is now closed.
We are consulting on a new Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) in the area covered by Waveney District Council. This covers:
- waiting restrictions
- loading restrictions
- parking places
This new TRO uses maps to show existing static traffic restrictions, rather than the current text documents.
The maps have been created by checking what restrictions currently apply and which lines and signs are currently present. If any of these were different they have been changed.
For example, in Lowestoft and Southwold, after discussions with the ambulance service, ambulance bays have been removed from outside buildings that were formerly hospitals.
How to use the Suffolk Traffic Orders website
Our TrafWeb page gives you access to the mapping the proposals are on.
To view the Waveney TRO map:
- Go to the 'Public consultation' area, read the disclaimer and select 'I accept'.
- Go to the spanner in the top left corner and select ‘Schemes’ then ‘Waveney’. You’ll then be able to search for specific streets.
- Select the restriction to see more detail and the proposed supporting documentation (Deposited documents). You’ll also be able to make comments about the maps and documents.
Introduction to the deposit map file
The following documents are included within this file
- The proposed traffic order
- Map tiles overview
- Map tile legend
- Map tiles
- Statement of Reasons
- Notice of proposal to make the new order
The maps show the same details available on the online map. To view the area you are interested in, you need to:
- Look at the first overview map and identify which large rectangle covers the area you are interested in. Note the number in that rectangle, for example 4
- Scroll down until you come to a map with the number you previously noted displayed in the top right blue box
- Use zoom and pan to identify the area of the map you are interested in. Make a note of the reference set in the appropriate rectangle, for example AJ198
- Hold down CRTL + F to bring up a word find box. Type the grid number you’re looking for and press the next arrow until the map is shown with the reference highlighted in the bottom right corner
Alternatively, the map tile with the appropriate reference can be found by scrolling down the file. Each map tile reference can be found in the bottom right corner.
The map tiles are arranged so that the letters represent a row and the numbers represent a column, e.g.
The reference numbers are grouped together. For example, all references starting with AJ will follow each other in ascending number order followed by AK in ascending number order.
References starting AA will be towards the top of the street view maps and reference starting CT will be towards the bottom.
We are asking for feedback on the traffic regulation orders shown on the TrafWeb page.
If there are restrictions different to what’s seen on the ground, please comment using the link in the mapping tool or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Suffolk County Council
Council and democracy
- The council and its committees
- Councillors and elected representatives
- Budget, Council tax and finance
- Our aims and transformation programmes
- Council directorates and senior officers
- How the council works
- Open Data Suffolk
- Consultations, petitions and elections
- Lieutenancy and honours
- Borough, district, parish and town councils
- Suffolk Public Sector Leaders group
- Devolution for East Anglia
- Council news
- Suffolk County Council and the exit from the European Union (Brexit)
Consultations, petitions and elections
- A tough call to make on the 2019/2020 budget
- Abbots Green Academy pre-application planning consultation
- Consultation on admissions to schools in Suffolk for the 2019/2020 school year
- Babergh Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) consultation
- Barrow CEVCP School pre-application planning consultation
- Bosmere Community Primary School pre-application planning consultation
- Bramford CE Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Bramford Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School pre-application planning consultation
- Claydon Primary School pre-application planning consultation
- Draft post-16 travel policy 2018/2019 consultation
- Forest Heath Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) consultation
- Future of the former Peasenhall Primary School site consultation
- Have your say on the future of the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Have your say on services for children with speech, language and communication needs
- Help to shape Suffolk’s Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND) future
- High needs funding consultation
- High needs funding consultation 2018
- Highfield Nursery pre-application planning consultation
- Lakenheath new primary school pre-application planning consultation
- Learning Disability Services in Suffolk
- Lindbergh Road, Ipswich, New SEMH School pre-application planning consultation
- Local Citizens Advice (CAB) consultation
- Lowestoft Record Office consultation
- Mid Suffolk Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) consultation
- Minerals and Waste Local Plan
- Nacton Road, Landseer Road and Rands Way, Ipswich consultation
- Otley Primary School pre-application planning consultation
- Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018 consultation
- Sixth form at King Edward VI CEVC Upper School, Bury St Edmunds
- Proposed disposal of the former All Saints Church of England Voluntary Controlled Middle School
- Proposed enlargement of premises at Barrow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Raising the Bar Strategy 2018-20 consultation
- Relocation of Puffin Crossing at The Street, Great Barton consultation
- Residents Survey 2016 results
- Resident parking scheme consultation for Stoke Bridge area of Ipswich
- Rights of Way Improvement Plan: Suffolk Green Access Strategy consultation
- St Edmundsbury Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) consultation
- School and post-16 travel consultation
- SEND Sufficiency Plan consultation
- Sir Robert Hitcham's CEVAP School, Framlingham pre-application planning consultation
- Suffolk Coastal Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) consultation
- Suffolk County Council budget consultation 2018/2019
- Suffolk’s Energy Gateway (SEGWay) consultation
- Suffolk’s Parking Management Strategy consultation
- The building of a pre-school at St Mary's RCP School, Lowestoft
- The building of a pre-school at Ilketshall St Lawrence Primary School
- The relocation and expansion of a pre-school at Exning Primary School
- Thurston Church of England Primary Academy pre-application planning consultation
- Trading Standards draft enforcement policy consultation
- Waveney Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) consultation
- Whitehouse Community Primary School pre-application planning consultation
- Consultation on Chilton Woods
- Stowupland High School pre-application planning consultation