This consultation is now closed.
We are consulting on a new Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) in the area covered by St Edmundsbury Borough Council. This covers:
- waiting restrictions
- loading restrictions
- parking places
This new TRO uses maps to show existing static traffic restrictions, rather than the current text documents.
The maps have been created by checking what restrictions currently apply and which lines and signs are currently present. If any of these were different they have been changed.
Changes to existing restrictions are proposed:
- On the south west side of Nethergate Street, Clare, the No Waiting at Any Time restriction that extends to 4 Nethergate Street is to be extended in a south west direction for approximately 5 metres;
- On the west side of High Street, Clare, the limited waiting bay outside The Swan public house is to have the southern 1 metre removed;
- On the east side of The Street, Barrow, the timed restricted waiting that extends east from the junction with Church Road is to be extended by 18 metres in a southerly direction to the end of the pedestrian railing;
- On the east side of Church Row, Bury St Edmunds, the timed limited waiting that runs between numbers 41 and 34 is to be replaced by a No Waiting at Any Time restriction;
- On the south side of Skyliner Way, Bury St Edmunds, east of the roundabout with Kempson Way the No Waiting at Any Time restriction alongside the new lay-by near the John Banks premises is to be removed.
How to use the Suffolk Traffic Orders website
We are asking for feedback on the traffic regulation orders shown on the TrafWeb page.
If there are restrictions different to what’s seen on the ground, please comment using the link in the mapping tool or by sending an email to email@example.com.