About the consultation
Between 13 January and 26 February 2020, we are seeking your views about amendments to our proposed Post-16 Travel Policy for the 2020/2021 school year. The amendments are designed to ensure that the policy is clearer for parents/carers to understand what travel options there are for their child.
We are proposing to:
- Make the annual increase to the charge of Post-16 travel and the cost of a spare seat as previously agreed by Suffolk County Council's (SCC) Cabinet on 19 June 2018.
- Indicate what alternative travel options are available for Post-16s.
- Describe in greater detail the Independent Travel Training service and the expectation that students will be assessed for suitability.
- Make a point of clarification that distance measuring beyond the Suffolk boundary will be measured by road.
Download and read the following documents:
- Summary of consultation on Post-16 Travel Policy (PDF, 46KB)
- Proposed Post-16 Travel Policy (PDF, 151KB)
- Easy read booklet about the Post-16 Travel Policy consultation (PDF, 1MB)
Have your say
You can share your views by:
- completing the short online survey
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to Post-16 Travel Consultation Team, Floor 3 Gold, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX
Responses must be received no later than 26 February 2020 when the consultation closes.