Schools must be open to pupils for 190 days in an academic year, and 195 days for teachers.
Academies, Free Schools, Voluntary Aided Schools are responsible for setting their own holiday dates and so individual schools, may choose to set term dates that do not match those set by Suffolk County Council.
When setting proposed dates, we endeavour, where possible, to take into account dates already set by neighbouring county councils so that we reduce the impact on families with children at different phases of education or who are taught over our county borders. It should be noted that there is no formal mechanism for the regional setting of holiday dates. We also consider the impact that dates that are not aligned can have on funded school travel and school catering services.
The proposed term date timetable for Suffolk’s community, voluntary controlled, community special and maintained nursery schools for the 2022/2023 school year is as follows:
- 1 September 2022 to 16 December 2022
- Half term - week commencing 24 October 2022
- 3 January 2023 to 31 March 2023
- Half term - week commencing 13 February 2023
- 17 April 2023 to 21 July 2023
- Half term - week commencing 29 May 2023
Recommended PD days
- 1 and 2 September 2022
- 31 October 2022
- 3 January 2023
- 20 February 2023
Please note that schools can set their own PD Days to allow for specialist trainers to attend as many schools as possible to conduct training.
You can give your views by:
- completing the online survey
- writing to Mags Lambert, Suffolk County Council, Gold Floor 3, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich, IP1 2BX
- emailing email@example.com
Responses must be received no later than 5pm on Wednesday 6 January 2021.