Results and analysis
- Results of the budget consultation 2019 (PDF, 212KB)
- Summary of results of the budget consultation 2019 (PDF, 20KB)
- Additional analysis of the budget consultation 2019 (PDF, 87KB)
- Ideas for making savings analysis of the budget consultation 2019 (PDF, 213KB)
About the consultation: our financial challenge
Like all local authorities, Suffolk County Council faces significant financial challenges in the delivery of essential frontline services to support the lives of the most vulnerable young people and older residents across the county.
As part of its careful financial planning and management in recent years, the council has saved £260 million since 2011 and has innovated to establish new ways to engage with communities and deliver services in the digital age.
We are proud of our strong record which has allowed us to protect many services from large-scale reductions. However, as we continue to experience significant demands, there is pressure to reduce costs where possible to ensure we can balance budgets this year and in years to come.
Councillor Richard Smith, Cabinet Member for Finance and Assets
A tough call to make
Hover over the icons to explore our smartphone tool to:
- learn how much some of our services cost to provide
- see what services are managed by us
- understand how we spend our budget
- take part in the consultation survey
How much is budgeted for each directorate
This is your opportunity to share your suggestions for potential savings and generating revenue.
This consultation has closed.
How we'll use your feedback
- Your feedback will be considered alongside advice from council officers, elected members from political groups, businesses and partners in health and other public service organisations across Suffolk
- A summary of your responses will be included in the report considered by the Council when agreeing the budget in February 2019