Last updated: 23 July 2021 (reviewed daily)
These guides are aimed at all employers and those who are self-employed and work with or near other people. The guides explain how you can protect people from coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace. E.g. by putting in place social distancing measures, staggering shifts and providing additional handwashing facilities.
- Working safely
- Talking with your workers about preventing coronavirus
- COVID-19 risk assessment guidance
- IOSH COVID-19 risk assessment guidance
- COVID-19 secure poster on GOV.UK
Suffolk Growth Partnership Board
The Suffolk Growth Partnership Board website compiles links to the latest guidance for Suffolk's businesses.
Suffolk County Council: Staying COVID-19 secure
Suffolk County Council confirms that we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and are working to ensure all our premises are and will be COVID-19 Secure.
Five steps to safer working together
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with our staff
- We have, cleaning handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work safely from a COVID-19 Secure workplace or work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain at least a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be at least 2m apart, we have ensured at least a 1m distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk.
- COVID-19 secure premises risk assessment template - July 2021 (PDF, 88KB)
- COVID-19 secure corporate workplace risk assessment - July 2021 (PDF, 91KB)
The HSE advise that employers should consider carrying out risk assessments for individual staff to manage the COVID-19 risk where it may have an impact due to their vulnerability including their ethnicity where relevant. Read the HSE advice about risk assessments here.
Find below, an example of the risk assessments that we are carrying out with our staff that you are welcome to use:
- The COVID-19 employee screening questionnaire (PDF, 49KB) has been developed to enable managers to have conversations with individual people in their team to understand their vulnerability and personal circumstances in relation to COVID-19 to determine how best to protect and support them.
- Depending on the outcome of completing the screening questionnaire, a further risk assessment (PDF, 54KB) may be required for some individuals who are particularly vulnerable.
Request an accessible format
Documents published on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.