Last updated: 2 July 2020 (reviewed daily)
These guides are aimed at all employers and those who are self-employed and work with or near other people. The guides explain how you can protect people from coronavirus (COVID-19) in your workplace. E.g. by putting in place social distancing measures, staggering shifts and providing additional handwashing facilities.
- Working safely
- Talking with your workers about preventing coronavirus
- COVID-19 risk assessment guidance
- IOSH COVID-19 risk assessment guidance
- HSE staying COVID-19 secure poster (PDF, 423KB)
Suffolk County Council: Staying COVID-19 secure
Suffolk County Council confirms that we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 and are working to ensure all our premises are and will be COVID-19 Secure.
Five steps to safer working together
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with our staff
- We have, cleaning handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
- COVID-19 secure premises risk assessment template (Word, 74KB)
- Suffolk County Council COVID-19 secure corporate risk assessment (Word, 83KB)
The HSE advise that employers should consider carrying out risk assessments for individual staff to manage the COVID-19 risk where it may have an impact due to their vulnerability including their ethnicity where relevant. Read the HSE advice about risk assessments here.
Find below, an example of the risk assessments that we are carrying out with our staff that you are welcome to use:
- The COVID-19 employee screening questionnaire (PDF, 49KB) has been developed to enable managers to have conversations with individual people in their team to understand their vulnerability and personal circumstances in relation to COVID-19 to determine how best to protect and support them.
- Depending on the outcome of completing the screening questionnaire, a further risk assessment (PDF, 54KB) may be required for some individuals who are particularly vulnerable.