Last updated: 6 October 2020 (reviewed daily)
Sign up for business alerts from government
You can sign up to receive newsletter bulletins from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Early Outbreak Management Action Cards
The government has developed quick-reference actions cards which provide instructions to anyone responsible for a business or organisation on what to do in the event of one or more confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in your organisation.
The Suffolk Chamber of Commerce
The Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is happy to offer help and advice to any Suffolk business that has questions or concerns in these challenging times. It doesn’t matter if your business is a Chamber member or not.
- Visit the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce website to find lots of information for businesses
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can't find what you're looking for on their website
- Follow Suffolk Chamber of Commerce on Twitter at: twitter.com/suffolkchamber
New Anglia Growth Hub
Get free business support and advice during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis from qualified advisers. It's a challenging time and information is changing very quickly.
- Find latest business-related guidance or visit newangliagrowthhub.co.uk
- Call 0300 333 6536 to speak to a qualified adviser
- Follow New Anglia LEP Forum on Twitter: twitter.com/AngliaHub
Suffolk Growth Partnership Board
The Suffolk Growth Partnership Board has membership drawn from Suffolk Local Authorities, New Anglia LEP, the University of Suffolk and Suffolk Chamber of Commerce.
The SGPB website pulls together surveys, funding and economic impact analysis of COVID-19 at a local, regional and national level to support Suffolk's businesses, Local Authorities and all partners.
Federation of Small Business (FSB)
The FSB has created a hub to support businesses during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The hub aims to answer many questions for small business owners and the self-employed.
Information is available to you regardless of whether you are a member of the FSB or not.
- Visit the Federation of Small Business website
- Email email@example.com
- Follow Federation for Small Business, East Anglia on Twitter: twitter.com/FSBEastAnglia
HMRC now have a helpline for any businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID19).
- Find information online from HMRC on GOV.UK
- Call 0800 0159 559
- Follow HMRC on Twitter: twitter.com/HMRCpressoffice
Borough and District Councils
Businesses are to receive financial support in the form of grant funding announced in the government’s package of measures designed to help smaller businesses. Borough and District Councils are responsible for payment of these grants, and can support businesses through the process:
- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- East Suffolk Council
- Ipswich Borough Council
- West Suffolk Council
Businesses and venues
In light of the government’s announcement on Thursday 9 July, the government is publishing further COVID-19 secure guidance, and more businesses and venues will be permitted to reopen from 11 and 13 July 2020.
Find advice about how to report a business if:
- a business is not closed or complying with social distancing directives
- you have concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) related scams
- wish to report an incident of social gatherings or social distancing
Health and safety