Last updated: 2 August 2021 (reviewed daily)
Sign up for business alerts from government
You can sign up to receive newsletter bulletins from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Coronavirus tests for your employees
Twice-weekly testing as part of our everyday lives will help us all to play our part and do what we can to keep each other safe, alongside the vaccine. You are encouraged to sign up to Suffolk's Yes2Test campaign.
- Anyone in England can now get regular, rapid lateral flow tests without having symptoms.
- About 1 in 3 people with coronavirus do not have symptoms but can still infect others. Getting regular tests is the only way to know if you have the virus.
- If people test positive and self-isolate, it helps stop the virus spreading.
Outbreaks and cases resource pack for Suffolk businesses
In partnership with Public Health England, we have developed a resource pack to support businesses to effectively manage COVID-19 cases and outbreaks in the workplace.
The resource pack contains a simplified version of the different COVID-19 definitions, checklist for what to do during outbreak, step by step risk assessment and mitigations, sample letters and messages that can be used in communications to staff and more.
If you want to report positives cases at your business or need advice on a workplace COVID outbreak, please email the Suffolk Covid Response Hub at SuffolkCovidResponseHub@suffolk.gov.uk
The Suffolk Chamber of Commerce
The Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is happy to offer help and advice to any Suffolk business that has questions or concerns in these challenging times. It doesn’t matter if your business is a Chamber member or not.
- Visit the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce website to find lots of information for businesses
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can't find what you're looking for on their website
- Follow Suffolk Chamber of Commerce on Twitter at: twitter.com/suffolkchamber
New Anglia Growth Hub
Get free business support and advice during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis from qualified advisers. It's a challenging time and information is changing very quickly.
- Find latest business-related guidance or visit newangliagrowthhub.co.uk
- Call 0300 333 6536 to speak to a qualified adviser
- Follow New Anglia LEP Forum on Twitter: twitter.com/AngliaHub
Suffolk Growth Partnership Board
The Suffolk Growth Partnership Board has membership drawn from Suffolk Local Authorities, New Anglia LEP, the University of Suffolk and Suffolk Chamber of Commerce.
The SGPB website pulls together surveys, funding and economic impact analysis of COVID-19 at a local, regional and national level to support Suffolk's businesses, Local Authorities and all partners.
Federation of Small Business (FSB)
The FSB has created a hub to support businesses during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The hub aims to answer many questions for small business owners and the self-employed.
Information is available to you regardless of whether you are a member of the FSB or not.
- Visit the Federation of Small Business website
- Email email@example.com
- Follow Federation for Small Business, East Anglia on Twitter: twitter.com/FSBEastAnglia
HMRC has a helpline for any businesses concerned about paying their tax due to coronavirus (COVID19).
- Find information online from HMRC on GOV.UK
- Call 0800 0159 559
- Follow HMRC on Twitter: twitter.com/HMRCpressoffice
Borough and District Councils
Businesses are to receive financial support in the form of grant funding announced in the government’s package of measures designed to help smaller businesses. Borough and District Councils are responsible for payment of these grants, and can support businesses through the process:
- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
- East Suffolk Council
- Ipswich Borough Council
- West Suffolk Council