Tuesday 6 February 2018 at the University of Suffolk, Ipswich.
Exploring the rhetoric, realities and rights of a 'Safer Internet'
In partnership with Suffolk County Council, the Adult Safeguarding Board, the Local Safeguarding Children Board, Suffolk Constabulary, the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Suffolk and Suffolk Community Foundation, the University of Suffolk hosted the annual online safety conference.
The conference welcomed Professor Andy Phippen, from the University of Plymouth and Wayne Denner, Digital Ninja as key speakers.
Topics covered during the conference included:
- exploring new approaches to including workshops on supporting children after online sexual abuse
- identity theft; online fraud and protecting vulnerable adults
- online safety for foster carers and looked after children
- an update on developments and support available in Suffolk
- using the 360 degree self-assessment tool
- what the new Data Protection Act 2018 means for schools, voluntary organisations and statutory agencies