At the Suffolk Youth Justice Service (SYJS) we:
- specialise in early intervention work, including diversion and working with young people who have received a youth conditional caution or court order
- have adopted a multi-agency approach to help make Suffolk a safer place
- work to improve the life opportunities of the young people we work with
Our initiatives include an emphasis on:
- reducing the number of children and young people coming into the youth justice system (first time entrants)
- reducing re-offending by children and young people
- reducing the number of young people going into custody, either as sentenced or remand prisoners
- ensuring young people make amends to victims of youth crime - taking a restorative approach to our work with young people is a priority in all our activities
If you are worried about a child or young person, you can refer them to the Suffolk Youth Justice Service through the diversion programme. More information and a referral form can be found on our website at suffolkyouthjustice.co.uk/diversion.
Visit the Suffolk Youth Justice website for more information about the Youth Justice Service in Suffolk.
We have three teams.
|Area||Address||Telephone and email|
|Ipswich including coastal areas
5 Constantine Road
|Bury St Edmunds
Children and Young People
West Suffolk House
Bury St Edmunds
|Lowestoft and Waveney