About Connected Communities
Connected Communities has been designed specifically to increase connectedness amongst older people who are feeling socially isolated and lonely.
It is a mobile social prescribing project. Link-workers visit remote villages to support older isolated people, or those at risk of being isolated, to help improve their access to health and well-being facilities and services.
Older people are linked to existing social and community groups in their community. The project works with a wide range of voluntary organisations and community groups to develop existing social groups and establish new activities and services.
It focuses on an approach that asks “What matters to you?”, and not, “What is the matter with you?” This builds upon what matters most to people and motivates them, putting the older person at the heart of developing a network of support.
This €6.75 million 4 year project is co-financed with European Regional Development Funding through the Interreg France Channel England Programme.
The project has received €4.63 million ERDR Funding through the Interreg France Channel England Programme. The total Budget is €6.75 million.
The Connected Communities project:
- promotes support for older people who are rurally and/or socially isolated to help manage their health and wellbeing and to remain independent
- has a “Social Prescribing Plus” innovative model supporting isolated/at risk groups by improving access to health and wellbeing services/facilities
- will result in improved wellbeing/independence and may reduce or delay the need for more formal health and wider care services
- is a four year cross-border project with 9 partners from the UK and France Working together and sharing knowledge and ideas
- seeks to transform the way that services are delivered and refer users to a range of multi-sector partners and initiatives
Connected Communities partners
The partners are:
- Suffolk County Council
- East Suffolk Council
- University of Essex
- La Manche Le Département
- Département de L'Eure en Normandie
- Medway Council
- Kent County Council
- Oise Le Département
- Seine-Maritime Le Département