This page includes useful resources to help children and families who are struggling with school attendance due to emotional difficulties.
The below documents are to help you record your child's concerns and worries to use when attending school meetings to help identify support.
Emotionally Based School Avoidance (EBSA) Resources
The following resources have been co-produced with parents in Suffolk to provide advice and tips to support children and young people with EBSA.
- EBSA Brochure for families
- EBSA Brochure for children
- EBSA Brochure for young people
- Noticing the signs of EBSA
- Answering Anxious Questions
- Advice for parents and carers
- Ways to self-regulate for children and young people
- Planning a return to school
You can find a series of other wellbeing resources like these on the 'Five Tips for Families' page
Please see the below EBSA Worksheets you can complete with your child or young person which capture their worries and concerns to identify the support they need to help them return to school: