What is Wellbeing in Education?
This section has been organised into five areas:
- children and young people's wellbeing support for educational staff
- children and young people's wellbeing support for families
- staff wellbeing support
- having a whole school or college approach
- emotionally based school avoidance (EBSA).
For more information (also known as Wellbeing for Education Return), watch the below YouTube video.
Mental health and wellbeing support and resources
If you are concerned about the mental health of a child or young person, or if you are a young person experiencing emotional wellbeing difficulties, you can find links to information, advice and guidance here.
Top news stories
Supporting children and young people when someone famous dies
When somebody famous dies, it can be difficult to know how to support children and young people through that loss. We recommend reading this advice on the Place2Be website. There is also this resource The Queen has died story | Climbing the rainbow which is specifically aimed at supporting people with additional communication needs.
Back to School Wellbeing Resources for families
Our Children and Young People's wellbeing page has links to lots of helpful resources, including some resources to help children and young people worried about war and conflict.
Government announce more funding for mental health support services
The Government has announced more resources have been allocated for supporting mental health and wellbeing to provide:
- Additional investment in Mental Health Support Teams (MHST) in East & West Suffolk
- Training for Senior Mental Health Leads in schools and colleges
- Further support through the Wellbeing for Education Recovery programme