Suffolk County Music Service (SCMS) is a 'one-stop' shop working with children and young people and their schools and families to encourage participation, enjoyment and achievement in music.
We provide good value, high quality music education and performance opportunities.
SCMS seeks to enable schools to plan, provide and deliver a comprehensive music curriculum as part of their broad and balanced curriculum for all pupils including, where appropriate, specialist instrumental and vocal tuition.
We aim to nurture talent and creativity at all levels, building self-esteem and discipline, widening horizons, and bringing music to all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
Our services include:
- specialist music support and consultancy (Curriculum Advice and Guidance, Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Information Services, Management Services, and Performing Programmes)
- weekly school based instrumental and vocal music tuition including key stage 2 Whole Class Ensemble Teaching (WCET) programmes, a free instrument loan service to support these programmes, and SCMS Graded Instrumental Examinations
- out of school Suffolk Youth Music and community activities
- the Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme (AIPS) for SCMS pupils
- Within our role as lead organisation of the Suffolk Music Education Hub we also broker a wide range of bespoke music partnership projects for Suffolk schools and communities
To find out more, visit the Suffolk Music Education Hub.