- Further embed the system for monitoring achievement in all schools, to identify schools at risk of declining and intervene more rapidly where necessary #O2
- Strengthen target setting to ensure that targets set by schools, especially for disadvantaged children, are aspirational and link to County targets #O1
- Increase access for education leaders to high quality support and challenge from County Council services #O5
- Further develop the role of County Council officers to monitor, support and challenge schools #O6
#O1-6 Indicate the reference number of areas of improvement identified in Suffolk County Council’s Action Plan in response to the Ofsted Inspection January 2015.
Changes we will see
- New structure and approach for Education and Learning Team
- Increased pace of interventions in schools at risk of declining
- Aspirational targets set at school and countywide level
- The gap will be reduced between disadvantaged pupils and other pupils
- Local Area Education and Learning Plans
The priority lead is Nikki Edwards. Contact Adrian Orr about effective and timely school improvement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Raising the Bar priorities for 2015-2017: