Our education system is enabling all children and young people to reach their potential and is delivering wider benefits for Suffolk:
- Children and young people in Suffolk are achieving good results at every stage of their education.
- All Suffolk schools, early years and other education providers are judged good or outstanding.
- Families and communities support and encourage learning outside of school, and before children start school.
- Children from disadvantaged backgrounds are achieving at the same level as their peers.
- Suffolk children and young people are aspirational in their future ambitions.
- Young people are well informed and ready to enter the world of work.
- Employers are engaging with young people in all schools and education providers.
- There are more high quality apprenticeships and graduate internships.
- The growth of Suffolk’s economy is accelerating as a result of the improved education system.
Suffolk has a strong reputation for its education system and is recognised as a national leader for good practice:
- There is strong leadership and governance throughout our education system and effective school to school support.
- More high calibre teachers and leaders are working in Suffolk schools because of excellent education recruitment and workforce development.
- Suffolk County Council’s Education and Learning team is challenging schools and providers, and is delivering fast and effective support, and Suffolk is known for its excellent education services.
Check out the Raising the Bar achievements in 2015-17 (PDF, 65KB).
Find out more about Raising the Bar 2018-20.