Why adopt with Suffolk?
Find out why you should adopt through Suffolk Adoption Agency and what benefits you can gain or receive.
When you adopt with Suffolk Adoption Agency, you will:
- provide a child who cannot be cared for by their birth parents the chance to grow in a caring family
- have big aspirations for your child and stay committed to enabling them to succeed on their own path
- grow and develop with your child in ways you couldn’t have predicted
- help those in need in your local community
- have support and training throughout the process
- be part of a whole group of adopters in your area
Join us at one of our Adoption Recruitment events (currently online) and hear more from our team about adopting a child.
You’ll get a chance to:
- ask any questions you have about adoption
- as well as finding out more about the adoption process.
Visit our events page to see the dates of all our upcoming adoption events.
The steps to adoption
Find out more about the process to adopting a child from Suffolk Adoption Agency.
See how you'll be supported from your initial enquiry right through to matching and support by our friendly and knowledgeable team.
You can also view our infographic showing the full adoption process step by step to better understand what's involved.
Can I adopt?
We welcome enquiries from people of any ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds, any religion or sexual orientation and from people with disabilities.
We've listed some of the common questions people ask us, which you may find helpful.
Have a look and see if your questions are answered on our dedicated page - you can also discuss your own personal circumstances with our friendly team.
Types of adoption
Discover what type of adoption is right for you, including Early Permanence, Special Guardianship and Step Parent Adoption.
We offer different types of adoption, these are:
- Mainstream Adoption
- Early Permanence
- Step Parent Adoption
As well as alternatives to adoption including:
- Special Guardianship
- Child Arrangement Order
Real adoption stories
Read real stories from adoptive parents and children who have been raised by a Suffolk adopter.
Read real stories from our adoptive parents about adopting:
- sibling groups
- a child with complex needs
- a child into a family with a birth child
- an older child (above the age of 4)
- a child through concurrency
- Third time adopters
Children who need adoption
Read our profiles of real children who are waiting to be adopted and need a home with a new family.
We're looking for adoptive parents for our children in care. Our children come from a wide range of backgrounds and are different ages, from babies and toddlers to older children.
If you're interested in adopting a child, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01473 264800.
Post adoption support
Adoption can be challenging, but we can help you. We will also provide a special life story book for your adopted child with information about adoption, and why they’ve been adopted.
You can contact us about:
- counselling, financial help, Suffolk support groups and advice
- assessment of adoption support needs
- details of specialist services and how to access them
- therapeutic services
- supporting your child to contact their birth family
- training and workshops
- intermediary service
- access to a child’s records
- support for children who have experienced loss and trauma
- advice for adoptive parents moving to a different local authority