The Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting) Service offers support for children and young people with Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting) who are registered with a GP in the NHS Ipswich and East Suffolk CCG and NHS West Suffolk CCG areas.
The information that we collect and use for SystmOne health data and your rights regarding your information is available in this privacy notice.
Information and advice for parents
Use the sections below to find out who we are, how we can help you, details of our clinics and useful guidance and resources.
We provide specialist advice, care, treatment and support for children and young people aged 5-19 years with Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting).
We aim to promote continence through effective, evidence-based treatment and programmes.
- Advice on treatment methods available to help gain bladder control.
- Support for children and their families during the time in our care.
- A range of treatments including alarms and/or medication
- Access to a specialist Community Paediatrician to enable children to regain control of their bladders.
- Training for school staff and other professionals.
All patients are given a comprehensive, holistic assessment and treatment is tailored to the individuals needs.
Clinic/drop In sessions
We run nurse-led clinics for children with primary/secondary Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting).
Initial continence assessments are undertaken by a specialist nurse in a clinic for the child or young person and parents/guardian. Follow-up appointments are done either in clinic or by telephone.
We run clinics in:
- Bury St Edmunds
If you already receiving a service from the Nocturnal Enuresis team you can contact them direct on 01284 733940 or 07738 754392 for further information.
Drop-Ins for continence advice are usually available at in Ipswich. Please call first to check the drop-in is running.
Children and young people aged 5-19 must be referred to the service by:
- School Nurses
If you live in Lowestoft and Waveney you need to be referred to your local service via the GP.
Resources and guidance
More information about Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting) can be found at:
Guidance from ERIC:
Contact the team
For all enquiries, information, advice and guidance, please call our Health Business Centre:
- Telephone: 0345 607 8866
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you already receiving a service from the Nocturnal Enuresis team you can contact them direct on 01284 733940 or 07738 754392.
Suffolk County Council
- Children, families and learning
- Business and licences
- Jobs and careers
- Council and democracy
- Care and support for adults
- Roads and transport
- Planning, waste and environment
- Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Trading Standards, community and safety
- Births, deaths and ceremonies
- Culture, heritage and leisure
Children, families and learning
- Raising the Bar 2018-2020
- Childcare information and support for parents and providers
- SEND and the Local Offer
- Suffolk Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing Hub
- Fostering and adoption
- Children's Health and Children's Centres
- Keeping children safe
- Children in care and care leavers
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- The Parent Hub
- Support for young carers in Suffolk
- Youth support and careers advice, work experience and activities
- Healthy Suffolk website
- The Source website for young people
- Children and Young People's Portal
- Children's Provider Portal
Children's Health and Children's Centres
- Suffolk Health and Children’s Centres
- Health visiting
- School nursing
- Children in care (CiC) nurse team
- Children's Community Learning Disabilities Nursing Team - Behaviour Support
- Family Nurse Partnership
- School Age Immunisation Service
- The National Child Measurement Programme (NCMP)
- Nocturnal Enuresis (Bedwetting) Service
- Positive Choices service
- Child Health Clinics
- Infant feeding