The first time you complete a form you will be asked to create a new portal account. It’s quick and easy to register for an account. To make sure the information you send to us is secure, you will need to log into this account every time you access the portal.
Once logged in, all information is stored securely in-line with our organisational privacy notices.
What's in the portal?
Report a child safeguarding concern
Tell us if you’re worried about a child or young person at risk of abuse, harm or neglect
Make a referral for Early Help Services
Request support for a child, family or young person (under 18) by completing a Common Assessment Framework (CAF) form
Fostering and Adoption (coming soon)
Speak to us for help, advice and more information about fostering and adoption
Forms specific to professionals working with us
Portal user guide and walk through videos
Children and Young People’s Portal user guide (PDF, 786KB)
Walk through videos
|Log into your account||Changing your password|
|Forgotten your password||CAF tips and tricks|
Registering for the portal
To register you will need to:
- enter your forename and surname
- enter your email address
- create a password (8 characters including an upper-case letter, a number and a special character)
You will then be emailed a unique verification code which is valid for 10 minutes. Once it’s expired you will need to begin the process again. The registration process is only complete once the code is entered and accepted.
The code can take up to 5 minutes to arrive. If it doesn’t arrive after this time:
- check your spam/junk/clutter folders (add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted sender list to avoid future emails being sent to these folders).
- check with your IT / email provider to make sure emails from email@example.com are not being blocked, delayed or temporarily quarantined. Your IT / email provider may need to update their spam email policies to ensure these emails are delivered into your mailbox without delay.
Logging into the portal
To log into the portal, use your email address and the password used to register
Each time you log in a unique verification code will be emailed to you. This is valid for 10 minutes and can only be used once.
The code will usually arrive within 5 minutes (if it doesn’t please check your spam/junk/clutter folders as it will likely be in there).
Please allow time for the login verification code to arrive before requesting another one. By requesting another verification code the first code generated (remember this could still be on its way to you), will not work.
Suffolk County Council
Children, families and learning
- Raising the Bar 2018-2020
- Childcare information and support for parents and providers
- SEND and the Local Offer
- Suffolk Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing Hub
- Fostering and adoption
- Children's Health and Children's Centres
- Keeping children safe
- Children in care and care leavers
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF)
- The Parent Hub
- Support for young carers in Suffolk
- Youth support and careers advice, work experience and activities
- Transition to adult care and support
- Healthy Suffolk website
- The Source website for young people
- Children and Young People's Portal
- Children's Provider Portal