The Suffolk Family Information Service (also known as FIS) can help you:
- find out about funded early education for your 3 or 4-year-old
- find out if your child is eligible to receive the funded 2-year-old early education
- look for a breakfast, after school or holiday club for your child
- think about your childcare options
Our friendly staff can provide:
- detailed childcare searches of childcare providers in the area you are looking for
- a range of services in Suffolk for children, young people and families from our Family Services Directory
- extra help to families who are struggling to find childcare that meets their needs
We provide the following childcare information:
- different types of childcare, for example, childminder, day nursery or pre-school playgroup
- name and contact details of childcare providers
- opening hours
- costs (where available)
- whether the provider has gained a good or outstanding Ofsted rating (where available)
How do I find childcare?
You can either search for childcare online or contact the Suffolk Family Information Service.
Search for childcare online
Go to our Family Services Directory and use the search to find childcare providers near you.
Contact the Suffolk Family Information Service
You can contact the Suffolk Family Information Service to request a childcare search to be sent to you:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 03456 080033 (our helpline offers a call back service Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm, and Fridays from 9am to 4:30pm)
- Text: 07624 801060 with your number and we will call you back
Are you concerned about a child or young person?
If you're worried that a child or young person is at risk of abuse, harm or neglect, please call Customer First on 0808 800 4005 and explain that you have a child protection concern.
The service is staffed by a team of professional people with a legal duty to safeguard children. They will listen to your concerns and take appropriate action.
Lines are open from:
- Monday to Thursday, 8am to 5:20pm
- Friday, 8am to 4:20pm
Outside of these hours, calls to this number are automatically diverted to the Emergency Duty Service.
If you've a non-urgent enquiry find social care support from Customer First.