What is research governance?
Research governance is the means by which the quality of research into social care services in Suffolk is assured, and the rights of those involved protected.
Research is essential in planning and delivering effective and high quality care services.
Research governance in Suffolk
The Suffolk Research Governance Panel evaluates and gives final approval for all research studies in, and associated with, adult and children's social care.
The panel supports researchers to ensure they meet the required quality standards.
Does my study count as research?
You can use this decision tool to help you work out whether or not your study is research, as defined by the UK Policy Framework for Health and Social Care Research.
If you need to make an application for Research Governance Panel consideration, please complete the Research Governance Application Form (Word, 43KB).
National research governance frameworks
Research governance in Suffolk works within national guidance:
- UK Framework for Health and Social Care Research (PDF, 455KB)
- Research governance in children's services: the scope for new advice (DfE, 2010)
Deadlines for Research Governance Panel consideration 2020
- 14 January 2020 (documentation to be submitted by 7 January 2020)
- 11 February 2020 (documentation to be submitted by 4 February 2020)
- 10 March 2020 (documentation to be submitted by 3 March 2020)
- 14 April 2020 (documentation to be submitted by 7 April 2020)
- 12 May 2020 (documentation to be submitted by 5 May 2020)
- 9 June 2020 (documentation to be submitted by 2 June 2020)
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries and completed application forms.