A licence is needed to place street furniture within the highway. We've a scheme that provides permission to place the following items within the highway:
- benches or bus shelters
- flower containers/planters or litter bins
- village or town signs or notice boards
This list is not exhaustive, and we'll consider other items.
Who can apply
A application can be be made by:
- district or borough council
- town or parish council
- other organisations e.g. Bury In Bloom
- an member of the public who'll need to provide us with written confirmation of support from their local council.
The application fee for a licence will be £100 from 1 September 2020.
Download and complete the application form (Word, 91KB).
Request an accessible format
Documents published on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
Submit your application
Send to email@example.com or by post to:Suffolk County CouncilLicensing and Enforcement TeamPhoenix House3 Goddard RoadSuffolkIP1 5NP
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 0345 606 6171 if you require any assistance.