There are two types of safety certificate:
- a general safety certificate - that covers a stand for an indefinite period from a certain date
- a special safety certificate - that covers a stand on a specific occasion/s
A certificate can cover more than one stand.
To apply for a licence download the application form and return it to:Trading Standards
8 Russell Road
IP1 2BX Download an application form
Before you apply
You can only apply for:
- a general safety certificate if you are responsible for the management of the ground
- a special safety certificate if you are responsible for the activity being viewed
You can also apply to transfer a sports ground safety certificate and we will decide if the transferee qualifies to have a certificate.
After you apply
Please contact us if you have not heard back within 14 days of submitting your request.
You can appeal to a magistrates court against:
- a decision that you are ineligible for a licence
- the conditions attached to the safety certificate
If you have any questions about this licence, contact the Trading Standards team.
Phone: 01473 264859