Suffolk County Council's mission is to make a positive difference for Suffolk. We are committed to working together, striving to improve and securing the best possible services.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They're shaped by our staff, and we call them "ASPIRE":
- Achieve – we are the best we can be
- Support – we work as one team
- Pride – we take pride in and are proud of what we do
- Inspire – we model the ASPIRE values
- Respect – we give and earn respect
- Empower – we empower, encourage and motivate people
These values underpin our approach to performance, reward and well-being. They define the relationship between the council and our people, benefits for employees.
Benefits for employees
We offer an extensive reward package that combines pay, pension and a range of additional benefits.
- A contributory pension scheme
- Access to a childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to a benefits scheme offering discounts on a wide range of goods and services including discounts on supermarket vouchers, restaurants and a range of high street retailers
- Subsidised car parking – subject to availability
- Eligibility to join the Suffolk Credit Union
- A subsidised lease car scheme (eligibility based on business mileage)
- Tax free bikes through our cycle to work scheme
- Public transport season ticket loan scheme
- Public transport discounts
- Ipswich town centre free shuttle bus
Health and wellbeing
- A dedicated health and wellbeing portal
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme providing general information and advice to staff as well as access to counselling and legal advice
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement with an option to purchase additional days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career breaks
- Occupational maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- A range of family and care policies
- Discounted lifestyle benefits, including theatre tickets, travel and holiday companies
Staff support networks
We are proud to have a number of active staff networks supporting and promoting groups of staff that share similar characteristics, life experiences and beliefs.
- The disABILITY Network
- Suffolk Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGB&T) Staff Network
- Women's Staff network
- Family Carer's Staff Network
- Mental health Staff Network
- Young People's Network
Find out more about Suffolk County Council staff support networks.
Staff development and training
We offer training and resources to continually develop the skills of our employees.
Find out more about our approach to staff development and training.