Who can apply
Audio recordings are usually only available to:
- close relatives of the deceased
- organisations or individuals who have given evidence during the inquest (Interested Persons)
- legal representatives of the above
All applications need approval from The Coroner before they can be issued. For this reason, please do not send your payment until your application has been approved. Apply online using the form below. Alternatively, you can apply in writing to Suffolk Coroners Service, Beacon House, Whitehouse Road, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 5PB advising the deceased full name and the inquest hearing dates and your connection with the case.
- £5 for each day, or part day of the inquest
- Plus £2 for tracked UK delivery or £7 for tracked overseas delivery.
You'll hear back from the Coroner Service within 10 working days after you've sent in your request.
In providing this recording you are agreeing to the following conditions of use:
- This recording is not to be used for any purpose other than transcribing for possible legal proceedings or listening to.
- Any other use of the recording or any part of it by copying, publishing, transmitting or broadcasting in any way (including on the internet) without the prior consent of the coroner, may be a contempt of court punishable with imprisonment.
- If the recording is used to produce a transcript, the transcript must be shown to the coroner before being used for the purpose of any further proceedings.