This section is for any provider needing information on the latest news about Home Care and Housing in Suffolk. This section is updated regularly.
If there is any more information you think should be added to this section, please contact us at ACSHomeCareandHousingSPARTeam@suffolk.gov.uk.
Final Market Consultation Sept 2018
We are almost ready to begin the procurement process for the Locality Service which means no further consultation is possible. However, a few more items have been identified that we would like to share with you and would welcome feedback;
Summer home care engagement events July 2018
Four events were held in July 2018 updating providers already working in Suffolk or interested in working in Suffolk.
Find out more about what happened
- letter from Councillor Hopfensperger and Mike Hennessey (PDF, 54KB) updating providers about the sessions
- 2018 summer home care market engagement presentation (PDF, 834KB) from these events
Spring home care engagement April 2018
Four events were held in March 2018 updating providers already working in Suffolk or interested in working in Suffolk.
Read more here about what happened:
- Letter from Councillor Hopfensperger and Mike Hennessey (PDF, 42KB) thanking providers for their support and engagement at the spring sessions.
- Review the presentation (PDF, 1.3MB) containing information shared at these events.
“My care at home” – Healthwatch Suffolk
Over 500 people have shared their experiences of home care services with Healthwatch Suffolk after one of the largest research projects of its kind across the Healthwatch network. Healthwatch Suffolk worked in collaboration with Suffolk County Council to contact users of its home care services.
People responded to an initial survey, which asked them to rate their care and leave feedback. In addition, 50 interviews were conducted with more than 70 service users, their families and carers.
Several themes were identified and structured under areas known to be essential requirements of effective home care as identified in national reports and guidance; produced by Healthwatch England and the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE).
The evidence from both the surveys and the interviews show that service users are extremely positive about their carers. Satisfaction ratings in the surveys are very high, with most respondents reporting a ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ rating. The report also identifies areas that could be improved to enhance the quality of local care.
Find more about the report and download copies at the following link: https://www.healthwatchsuffolk.co.uk/news/mycareathome/
Suffolk County Council
Adult social care and health
- Find local support or contact Customer First
- About Adult and Community Services
- Protecting adults at risk of abuse
- Help if you look after someone
- Help at home, care home information and mental health
- Money advice and funding support services
- Housing help and support
- Learning disabilities
- Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Public Health
- Blue Badge scheme
- Information for Adult Community Services providers