This section is for any provider needing information on the latest news about Home Care and Housing in Suffolk.
Email email@example.com if there's any more information you would like added.
Final market consultation and feedback September 2018
This consultation is now closed.
We are almost ready to begin the procurement process for the Locality Service which means no further consultation is possible. However, a few more items have been identified that we would like to share with you and would welcome feedback:
- Final market consultation presentation (PDF, 1MB)
- Feedback from summer market engagement events (PDF, 89KB)
Thank you for taking the time to look at the information.
- have included the number of people who visited our consultation to show the level of interest
- have received few comments on the information and a couple of questions have been raised and these are on the website with our response
- will be starting the procurement process in the next few weeks so there will no further consultation
- would like to thank you for your comments and participation in the consultation process that started in Autumn 2017
A paper on the future model of home care and support will be considered by Cabinet on the 9 October 2018.
Download market engagement queries (PDF, 55KB).
Summer home care engagement events July 2018
Four events were held in July 2018 updating providers already working in Suffolk or interested in working in Suffolk.
Find out more about what happened:
- letter from Councillor Hopfensperger and Mike Hennessey (PDF, 54KB) updating providers about the sessions
- 2018 summer home care market engagement presentation (PDF, 834KB) from these events
Spring home care engagement April 2018
Four events were held in March 2018 updating providers already working in Suffolk or interested in working in Suffolk.
Read more here about what happened:
- Letter from Councillor Hopfensperger and Mike Hennessey (PDF, 42KB) thanking providers for their support and engagement at the spring sessions.
- Review the presentation (PDF, 1.3MB) containing information shared at these events.
“My care at home” – Healthwatch Suffolk
Over 500 people have shared their experiences of home care services with Healthwatch Suffolk after one of the largest research projects of its kind across the Healthwatch network. Healthwatch Suffolk worked in collaboration with Suffolk County Council to contact users of its home care services.
People responded to an initial survey, which asked them to rate their care and leave feedback. In addition, 50 interviews were conducted with more than 70 service users, their families and carers.
Several themes were identified and structured under areas known to be essential requirements of effective home care as identified in national reports and guidance, produced by Healthwatch England and the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE).
The evidence from both the surveys and the interviews show that service users are extremely positive about their carers. Satisfaction ratings in the surveys are very high, with most respondents reporting a ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ rating. The report also identifies areas that could be improved to enhance the quality of local care.
Find more about the report and download copies from Healthwatch Suffolk.
Home care and housing providers newsletters
Suffolk County Council
Adult social care and health
- Self-assess your care needs
- About Adult and Community Services
- Protecting adults at risk of abuse
- Help if you look after someone
- Help at home, care home information and mental health
- Money advice and funding support services
- Housing help and support
- Learning disabilities
- Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Public Health
- Blue Badge scheme
- Information for Adult Community Services providers
- Contact adult social care