We are looking for a provider or partnership of providers to deliver a Wellbeing Information project to support people in the community who require information, advice, guidance and emotional support around mental health.
A definition of Information, Advice, Guidance and Emotional Support;
- Information – Defined as the Communication of knowledge
- Advice and Guidance - Defined Providing options about what could or should be done about a situation or a problem, providing leadership and direction.
- Emotional support - Defined as the reassurance, encouragement and understanding we give or receive to a person
We have worked with people with a lived experience of caring for someone with mental health, providers of information, advice and guidance and health statutory partners to design a universal service for people from the mental health and wellbeing community.
As part of this process a report (PDF, 817KB) was produced in collaboration with a member of the caring community. This lead to a number of next steps that have helped shape this initiative.
Through this work we have developed an innovation grant that will aim to transform the way we provide information to people who;
- Have a lived experience of mental health
- Are in a caring role for an adult with mental health
- Live in a family where there is mental health illness
- Have an interest in finding more about Mental Health and Wellbeing
What the fund will support
- Peer supported groups
- Positive involvement activities
- Accessible Information 24/7
- Volunteering and employment
- 1-2-1 Support
- Training opportunities
Projects should deliver the following outcomes:
- Reduction on the impact on public and statutory services
- Reduction in social isolation
- More people involved with their local community
- Improved opportunities for learning and development
- Increased independence and self-resilience
- Welcomes more people to Mental Health and wellbeing
- Links wellbeing with physical activity
Who can apply
The fund is open to registered charities, constituted community groups and other charitable organisations working in Suffolk including Social Enterprises and CICs.
Individuals are not eligible to apply.
Types of activity that cannot be funded:
This fund will not support the cost of research, feasibility studies or consultancy fees.
£200,000 per annum
25th November 2016
23rd December 2016
Expected decision date
Mid to February 2017
How to apply
Please fill in the application form (PDF, 36KB) and provide any supported documents needed.
Service specification (PDF, 1.40MB)