- Read all the latest news about Raising the Bar
- Read the Raising the Bar bulletins
- Read more on the Raising the Bar events, summits and workshops
- Read more about the solution groups associated with Raising the bar
- Read more about The Maths Challenge 2013
Suffolk is stuck. Nationally we are ranked 121st out of 150 local authorities for educational attainment at age 16. Compared to authorities of a similar size Suffolk is in the bottom quartile and perform comparatively amongst the lowest at age 11. Given that we are a relatively affluent, these results are unacceptable.
Raising the Bar is a combined response to tackle this issue – its focus is on raising attainment and aspirations across young people in education throughout Suffolk. It is about linking the skills we have in the county with the job opportunities available from employers, by improving connections between the educator and employers.
Since Raising the Bar launched in June 2012 four main areas have been focused upon;
- The further Development of a new relationship between all schools – maintained, academies or free schools – and Suffolk County Council.
- The completion of the Schools Organisation Review programme that moving to a two-tier school system across Suffolk.
- For attainment and the achievement of children and young people to become a real, lived priority for Suffolk. We will be looking for members of the Suffolk community to become champions for attainment in Suffolk schools as Governors and mentors.
- To raise aspiration across Suffolk, increasing the partnerships between employers and the wider educational community.
We have undertaken an inquiry, working in partnership with groups including, mentors, teachers, governors and other professionals, to create a modern and high accredited educational system in Suffolk.
read the full report or the Executive summary
What is in the section
Here are some of the videos about Raising the Bar.
These are all the latests bulletins about Raising the Bar
Information on all the Raising the Bar events, summits and workshops
The stakeholder groups working together to raise aspiration across Suffolk
Please read the full report or the executive summary.
All the latest news about Raising the Bar
The Maths Challenge 2013 is a home-link newspaper project produced in partnership by the Learning and Improvement Service and The EADT and Ipswich Star.