The Finance Department supporting Suffolk County Council collectively provides a range of strategic, professional and management accounting services that are fundamental to the success of the Council.
These services are managed by Geoff Dobson who is the Council's Statutory Financial Officer (i.e. Section 151 Officer under Local Government Act 1972). Geoff and his team are responsible for:
- strategic financial advice and guidance;
- technical accounting;
- capital spending, financing and borrowing;
- treasury management;
- accounts payable;
- accounts receivable;
- pension fund accounts and investment strategy;
- financial systems;
- financial control and budget management; and
- medium term financial planning and budget setting.
Statements of Accounts
- Statement of Accounts -2013-14 (Audited)
- Statement of Accounts - 2013-14 (Unaudited)
- Statement of Accounts - 2012-13 (Audited)
- Statement of Accounts - 2011-12 (Audited)
- Statement of Accounts - 2010-11
- Statement of Accounts 2009-10
- Statement of Accounts 2008-09
- Statement of Accounts 2007-08
- Statement of Accounts 2006-07
Audit of Accounts - Notice of Public Rights 2014
Audit of Accounts - Notice of Public Rights - 2013
Audit of Accounts - Notice of Public Rights - 2012
- Notice of Closure of Audit
- Notice of Public Rights
- Notice of Public Rights - Advertisement
- 2011-12 Annual Audit Letter
- Annual Governance Statement
The Audit Commission is the Auditor to Suffolk County Council. The maintenance and integrity of the financial content on the Suffolk County Council website is the responsibility of the audited body; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and, accordingly, the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements since they were initially presented on the web site. For the latest Annual Audit and Inspection Letter, please go to the Our Performance page.
What is in the section
Our role is to help people apply to the main external funding sources: Europe, the Lottery, charitable trusts and the Government.
Information on how easy it is to pay for things online.
Information on the Suffolk County Council Pension Fund and Accounts
Suffolk County Council is committed to being open and transparent about the way it spends your money. You can find details in this section.
Information for third parties interested in providing services currently delivered by Suffolk County Council