The work of Suffolk County Council is carried out through our committees and meetings.
Anyone can attend a committee meeting at the council and read its agendas, minutes and reports - apart from those items that we are legally required to keep confidential.
All meetings are held Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm.
- Open the committee papers database (agendas and minutes)
County Council information about meetings of County Council
The Constitution sets out who is required to sit on the committee, the role of each committee and what powers they have
Committee Meeting Dates are part of the events calendar
Committee Membership shows which councillors and independent members sit on which committee
Co-opted and Independent Community Members details of the co-opted and independent community members on the council's committees
Key Decision Forward Plan lists the Key Decisions that the county council is required to publish under the Local Government Act 2000
Petitions information about how to petition the county council and its committees
Public speaking at meetings sets out how you can speak at meetings of the county council and its committees
In this section
- Audit Committee
- Development Control Committee
- Dismissals Appeals Committee
- Education Transport Appeals Committee
- Health Scrutiny Committee
- Individual Cases Committee
- Lowestoft Shared Accommodation Joint Committee
- Northern Area Appointments Committee
- Pension Fund Committee
- Police and Crime Panel (Joint Committee)
- Rights of Way Committee
- Scrutiny Committee
- Southern Area Appointments Committee
- Staff Appointments Committee
- Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Board
- Western Area Appointments Committee
- Explore Committees further
View our current public consultations, get involved and have your say.
- Consultation: Children and Young People's Services Accessibility Strategy
- Consultation: Co-location of the Bridge School Primary and Secondary Phases
- Consultation: Newmarket middle school sites
- Consultation: Provision of Additional Primary School Places in Ipswich
- Consultation: Provision of Primary School Places in West Suffolk
- We Are Listening
- Explore Consultations further
Information about Petitions
How to participate in Suffolk County Council meetings.
Details about meetings of The Council