The work of Suffolk County Council is carried out through our committees and meetings.
Anyone can attend a committee meeting at the council and read its agendas, minutes and reports - apart from those items that we are legally required to keep confidential.
All meetings are held Monday to Friday between 10.00am and 5.00pm.
- Open the committee papers database (agendas and minutes)
County Council - information about meetings of County Council.
The Constitution sets out who is required to sit on the committee, the role of each committee and what powers they have.
Committee Meeting Dates are part of the events calendar.
Committee Membership shows which councillors and independent members sit on which committee.
Co-opted and Independent Community Members - details of the co-opted and independent community members on the council's committees.
Key Decision Forward Plan lists the Key Decisions that the county council is required to publish under the Local Government Act 2000.
Petitions information about how to petition the county council and its committees.
Public speaking at meetings sets out how you can speak at meetings of the county council and its committees.
What is in the section
- Audit Committee
- Development Control Committee
- Dismissals Appeals Committee
- Education Transport Appeals Committee
- Education and Children's Services Scrutiny Committee
- Health Scrutiny Committee
- Individual Cases Committee
- Lowestoft Shared Accommodation Joint Committee
- Northern Area Appointments Committee
- Pension Fund Committee
- Police and Crime Panel (Joint Committee)
- Rights of Way Committee
- Scrutiny Committee
- Shared Offices Joint Committee
- Southern Area Appointments Committee
- Staff Appointments Committee
- Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Board
- Suffolk Joint Standards Board
- Western Area Appointments Committee
- Explore Committees further
View our current public consultations, get involved and have your say.
- Consultation: Admissions to Schools in Suffolk for 2015/2016
- Consultation: Corton CE Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Consultation: Home to School Travel Policy
- Consultation: School Organisation Review in the Bury area
- Felixstowe Fire Station Consultation
- Haverhill Experimental Traffic Regulation Order – Camps Road
- Nacton Road and Ransomes Way corridor study
- Newmarket on-street parking consultation
- The Budget
- Travel Ipswich - Queen Street / Princes Street / Giles Circus / St Nicholas Street / Friars Street
- Explore Consultations further
Information about Petitions
How to participate in Suffolk County Council meetings.
Details about meetings of The Council