The work of Suffolk County Council is carried out through our committees and meetings.
Anyone can attend a committee meeting at the council and read its agendas, minutes and reports - apart from those items that we are legally required to keep confidential.
All meetings are held Monday to Friday between 10.00am and 5.00pm.
- Open the committee papers database (agendas and minutes)
Meetings to be held in private
Most of the items considered by the Cabinet or other executive decision making committeess are open to members of the public to attend. In exceptional circumstances, whenever it is likely that exempt information will be provided, the law allows the public to be excluded from meetings.
Exempt information includes information relating to personal privacy, information about Council negotiations for land, goods or services where disclosure would be likely to prejudice the Council's position, information about legal proceedings, investigation of crime and security matters.
Follow this link to see current and past notices about where it is likely that exempt information needs to be considered by the Cabinet or another executive deicision making committee.
Notices of meetings likely to be held in private
Reports containing exempt information are released as soon as it is felt appropriate for the information to be made public.
County Council - information about meetings of County Council.
The Constitution sets out who is required to sit on the committee, the role of each committee and what powers they have.
Committee Meeting Dates are part of the events calendar.
Committee Membership shows which councillors and independent members sit on which committee.
Co-opted and Independent Community Members - details of the co-opted and independent community members on the council's committees.
Key Decision Forward Plan lists the Key Decisions that the county council is required to publish under the Local Government Act 2000.
Petitions information about how to petition the county council and its committees.
Public speaking at meetings sets out how you can speak at meetings of the county council and its committees.
What is in the section
Information on co-opted and independent community members of Suffolk County Council.
A summary of the County Council's formal committees
- Audit Committee
- Development Control Committee
- Dismissals Appeals Committee
- Education Transport Appeals Committee
- Education and Children's Services Scrutiny Committee
- Health Scrutiny Committee
- Individual Cases Committee
- Lowestoft Shared Accommodation Joint Committee
- Northern Area Appointments Committee
- Pension Fund Committee
- Police and Crime Panel (Joint Committee)
- Rights of Way Committee
- Scrutiny Committee
- Shared Offices Joint Committee
- Southern Area Appointments Committee
- Staff Appointments Committee
- Suffolk Flood Risk Joint Scrutiny Sub Committee
- Suffolk Health and Wellbeing Board
- Suffolk Joint Standards Board
- Suffolk and Norfolk Joint Health Scrutiny Committee
- Explore Committees further
View our current public consultations, get involved and have your say.
- Consultation on the Suffolk Advisory Parking Standards
- Consultation: Children's centre services across Suffolk
- Consultation: Corton CE Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- Consultation: Home to School Travel Policy
- Felixstowe Fire Station Consultation
- Have your say on your local pharmacy
- Haverhill Experimental Traffic Regulation Order – Camps Road
- Morland Primary School – Change of status to Voluntary Aided
- Nacton Road and Ransomes Way corridor study
- Newmarket on-street parking consultation
- SOR Bury St Edmunds pre-application planning consultations
- SOR Stowupland High School pre-application planning consultation
- Statutory Proposal for the Closure of Monks Eleigh CEVCP School
- Statutory Proposal for the closure of Stoke Ash Community Primary School
- Statutory Proposals for the Enlargement of Rendlesham Community Primary School and The Willows Primary School
- Suffolk Record Office opening hours consultation
- The Budget
- Travel Ipswich - Queen Street / Princes Street / Giles Circus / St Nicholas Street / Friars Street
- Explore Consultations further
Notices of meeting likely to be held in private
Information about Petitions
How to participate in Suffolk County Council meetings.
Details about meetings of The Council