What is Suffolk InfoLink?
Suffolk InfoLink is an online directory of community information.
It is designed:
- to be a searching and signposting tool for people
- to give organisers of local activities and services an easy and effective means of promotion
- to provide information on what activities are on offer and how services can be accessed.
What information is held on Suffolk InfoLink and how can I search for it?
Suffolk InfoLink holds information on clubs, societies, community and voluntary organisations and services, giving priority to those based in Suffolk. InfoLink can be searched by keyword, by broad topic category, by subject and on a geographical basis. It is designed to allow searching to a local level using keywords, and a map searching option is available.
The advanced search and map searching allow for searching of different criteria in combination.
Is there any vetting of information?
There is no mechanism for vetting of organisations, activities and services before they are added to InfoLink, although records will be checked for accuracy.
Please see Important information to read BEFORE using InfoLink for more details.
This contains a Checklist of questions you can ask when thinking about whether to attend a club or activity or use a service.
Criteria for inclusion of organisations.
- Suffolk InfoLink lists voluntary and statutory organisations, giving priority to those based in Suffolk. National or international organisations will be included where a local contact or branch is available or if they offer services relevant to the people of Suffolk.
- Commercial or profit-making organisations will be listed on Suffolk InfoLink if they satisfy the following criteria:
- They are community based or represent a significant contribution to their local community
- They provide goods, activities or services that support the personal needs of an individual’s well being. Services that improve an individual’s environment, such as home maintenance or gardening, will not be listed, but will be linked to where possible.
- Relevant commercial or profit-making financial organisations will be listed on Suffolk InfoLink. However, because of their specialist nature, Suffolk Infolink does not list organisations whose primary business is the selling or promotion of particular financial products such as insurance policies, debt consolidation loans or equity release schemes. For further information on these products please contact the Financial Services Authority. Suffolk InfoLink will provide information about credit union facilities and / or free debt advice services. You are strongly advised to seek independent advice on all financial matters.
- Financial charges for services and activities will be listed where these are supplied by the organisation. Suffolk InfoLink will request this information but takes no responsibility for the accuracy of these charges. It is the customers’ responsibility to check with the organisation before acting on the information given.
- Organisations which are prohibited by law or which engage in illegal activities will not be included in Suffolk InfoLink.
- Suffolk InfoLink uses information that has been provided by the official representative of an organisation. Impersonation of an official representative and the supply of false information will result in the removal of that information.
- Suffolk InfoLink is not designed to perform the role of an online business directory and will not necessarily list organisations individually.
- It is intended to be a signposting resource. If a reasonable online alternative exists then Suffolk InfoLink will point towards that listing.
- Organisations which are excluded from Suffolk InfoLink based on the above criteria will be able to appeal against the decision using the standard county council complaints procedure.
Coverage – what if I can’t find what I am looking for?
We cannot guarantee an exhaustive listing in any one area. Please let us know about any gaps in information. Contact us
Are events listed on Infolink?
In general, Suffolk InfoLink is not a calendar or a listing for one-off events. These can be found on other web sites, such as the One Suffolk portal. However, if organisations are listing activities as part of a programme, then these might be found on InfoLink.
How accurate and up to date is the information listed on Suffolk InfoLink?
Staff will actively work to maintain the directory, but the responsibility for the accuracy of the data sent in rests with the providers.
We cannot guarantee the accuracy of data supplied, but we will review this data at least once per year. Each organisation and service will be contacted to update their information. Organisations that fail to respond to requests to update their data will be removed from the directory.
What should I do to add or change an entry on Suffolk InfoLink?
If you would like to add your organisation to Suffolk InfoLink please complete the Add Your Organisation form. Once you have sent it to us, your information will be checked by staff to ensure data quality before being published on the web site. You will also be sent a user name and password, which you can use to update your details whenever necessary. If your organisation is already listed on Suffolk InfoLink and you would like a user name and password to update your record, please contact us.
Does it cost anything?
There is no charge for accessing the information. Organisations can add and update their information completely free of charge.
How will any personal information be used?
The law on data protection states that we must obtain consent before any personal data is stored. Your personal information will only be entered when you have given your consent. You can select to withhold personal information and parts of the record from public view if you wish. Personal information that is withheld from publication on the internet can be viewed by Suffolk InfoLink administrators only.
In some cases publicly available information may be used to create a hardcopy directory. Please contact us if you have any concerns about how personal data will be used.
What if I have a comment or complaint about an organisation listed on Suffolk InfoLink?
If you have a complaint, please contact the organisation that provided the activity or service first. Explain the problem and tell them what you would like done about it. If you are not happy with the way your complaint is answered, contact the national body to which the organisation is linked, for example Scouts. If you have paid for an activity or service and your complaint remains unresolved, contact Trading Standards 08454 040506.
What if I am concerned that someone attending a club, activity or service has been abused?
If a criminal offence has been committed contact the police
For other concerns contact Customer First on 0808 800 4005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org