You'll provide advice about smoke alarms and fire safety in the home at multi-agency events and community fairs.
You can also get involved in other ways such as:
- giving talks to community groups about fire safety
- delivering fire safety advice to pupils at Crucial Crew events
- completing safer home visits
You need to be:
- 18 or older
- available for at least 6 hours a month
We'll give you:
- ongoing training
- uniform for when you are undertaking duties
- support to extend your skills
- expenses to cover any costs you incur whilst on duty
- a sense of pride by ensuring a safer community
Download our application pack (PDF, 67KB) for more information.
You can request an application pack:
- at email@example.com
- by calling 01473 260588, 9am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday) or 9am to 4pm (Friday).
After you've applied
- contact you to discuss in more detail and answer any questions you may have after we've received your application
- tell you when the next induction course will be and invite you to an informal interview.
We run induction courses depending on the number of applications we receive, so please be aware you may experience some delay before you can engage with us. You can start training for the volunteer role after you've attended the induction day.