Suffolk County Council, in partnership with Suffolk's district and borough councils, is working towards supporting and facilitating the uptake of electric vehicle charging opportunities across the county.
There are a range of benefits of electric vehicles, including air quality and economic benefits. As the up-take of electric vehicles increases, we need to ensure that we put in place a strategy that reflects the role of the local authorities and explore the options for public charging across Suffolk.
There are three methods that can be used by owners to charge their vehicles:
- Slow charging
- defined as a charge rate of less than 7kW
- takes 6 to 12 hours to fully charge this way
- Fast charging
- defined as a charge rate of between 7kW and 22kW
- takes 2 to 6 hours to fully charge in this manner
- Rapid charging
- defined as a charge rate of more than 22kW
- usually takes 20 to 30 minutes to provide a charge of up to 80%
The above is only a guide, as battery capacity increases, this may change, new and used vehicles may also have different charge times. You can estimate the cost with the public charging calculator.
Contact us by email at email@example.com.